New 06 - too much $?

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
The local dealer has a new 2006 for $5500, $6300 out the door.

Not sure if it is even worth considering. Thoughts?

Thanks,

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
i got my 07 for 5900 about 2 months ago , 6500 ish out the door... you can probably find an 07 somewhere... just have to do a little calling around. Dont know if that helps you out

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
My '06 was about $4900 from a dealer, $6300 OTD with full gear and extended service contract. I think you can do better.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Knox:

I just bought an 06 used with 3K miles for $4,100 from a dealer. Now granted I don't have any warrantee. But remember you're already near the end of the 08's and the 09's. So that means you are looking at buying a bike 3 to 4 model years old?

I think you should be able to get the dealer to at least wave his dealer fee (ie. include it in the 5,500) if not an additional $500 lower.

Just remember, the dealer wants your money, not the bike. You are in control, not him.

I used to sell cars, and if you are a qualified buyer, and you make a reasonable offer or your walkin, he's going to take the deal.

I think $5,000 is reasonable. I would counter with that and if he balks, make him give you another offer (I'm assuming $5,500 was his first offer?). If he won't then give him your number and leave.

You probably won't get out the door.

IMHO

good luck,

Lewis

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and people wonder why dealers are closing the doors....:confused: basically if it is a 2006 the dealer as prob paid almost 2/3 the price of that bike in interest and you want him to lower the price even more, he still has to give yamaha dealer cost, they do not care it is still new just because it is not current model year..... I realize you people work hard for your money but how would u like your boss to come up to you and say we cant afford to pay you anymore so we are firing you. People are not willing to pay the price for our product anymore and We have to down size. You guys will be all up in arms and complaining..... You better think long and hard about how much you nag a dealer to lower their price if you like that dealer they wont be around much longer they wont be able to keep the doors open.....

new06fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I bought a 06(0 miles) that the dealer had for 5500 out the door. I would not pay more then that. By the way I went back there and there was another 06 on the floor ready to sell so I think in my case they had a few they wanted to move before getting in the 08s. I went to a place called crazy Freddy not a Yamaha dealer. They wanted to charge me 6500 OTD but I said no and made them take off all those dumb charges like setup fee and shipping all in all they had to drop the bike to 4100 so the OTD would be 5500 :). Good luck man

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
and people wonder why dealers are closing the doors....:confused: basically if it is a 2006 the dealer as prob paid almost 2/3 the price of that bike in interest and you want him to lower the price even more, he still has to give yamaha dealer cost, they do not care it is still new just because it is not current model year..... I realize you people work hard for your money but how would u like your boss to come up to you and say we cant afford to pay you anymore so we are firing you. People are not willing to pay the price for our product anymore and We have to down size. You guys will be all up in arms and complaining..... You better think long and hard about how much you nag a dealer to lower their price if you like that dealer they wont be around much longer they wont be able to keep the doors open.....

Yes, I would like for him to lower the price if he wants ME to buy the bike. However, he is under NO obligation to do so. We never force dealers to do anything - they either lower the prices or they don't. I was looking at a Wee last week and the dealer didn't come off of sticker even a dollar. No problem, I walked out. There are always other opportunities.

I am looking to buy a Wee Strom, but came across that bike by chance. If the price was right, I would have bought it. However, since it is my second choice, it would have to be a heck of a deal.

Apparantly, it's not.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok just warning you you will be buying everything from walmart and gander mountain and walmart if you keep it up.....

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
ok just warning you you will be buying everything from walmart and gander mountain and walmart if you keep it up.....

The dealer knows what they need to sell it for in order to make a profit. Don't think for a minute that they will do anything to help you out if it will do them harm!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The dealer knows what they need to sell it for in order to make a profit. Don't think for a minute that they will do anything to help you out if it will do them harm!

we were a dealer for 10 years. trust me it gets to a point where the interest bill adds up to where their is no profit...... that dealer still has to pay yamaha dealer cost. they do not care how old it is.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally would pay $5500 for a new '06 FZ6. Not saying that's how much it's worth or that it's a good deal in the scheme of things but for a new sportbike that no one has ever dropped or waited too long to change the oil in or wheelied, $5500 sounds good to me.

swigersway

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez, get over it. My local Kaw dealer would not deal on an 07 650R that I found on line also new for $5200 and he wanted $6500! (One of many reasons I ended up on the FZ.) We will not all be buying from Walmart because their are many of us selling stuff and offering great customer service and sales expertise (hmmm what I have been doing for 35 YEARS!). So stop driving that Scion cage as your daily ride and get on the FZ and get your head on straight. Oops! Was that my outside voice?!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here in NY 5 dealers shut their doors last winter and the rest of the dealers in the area got rid of snowmobiles. we just got rid of yamaha and stayed a parts, accessories, and repair shop like we have been since the early 80's.

"but I said no and made them take off all those dumb charges like setup fee and shipping" you must be a 9-5 same job day in day out kind of person and have no clue what it is like to actually sell something..... dumb chargers um incase you havent noticed price of everything is going up because of fuel prices so that dumb shipping fee um okay.... and a setup fee so if the dealer gives you the bike close to their cost and they dont charge you a setup fee then how is the dealer supposed to pay the person who sets up the bike? do you work for free? then why should they? Some of you really need to get in tune with how the world works...... and stop thinking how can i get the best deal o wait im really not cause i wasted days and hours and lots and lots of gas driving from dealer to dealer to get the "best" price......

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe not so much in the motorcycle world, or at least its at a much smaller scale. Most car dealerships make their money not on the sale of the cars, but from their service department. Selling parts and getting as many cusotmers to get their vehicle serviced at that specific dealership is their bread and butter. It's all about establishing customer base. So if a dealership sells a vehicle at invoice, they will most likely get your money through their service and parts department. Here in Vegas, we just had a Toyota dealership move into a brand new faciility with an 85 bay service department.