Never ending winter - getting expensive

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If winter doesn't end soon I am gonna go broke.

I just keep buying stuff, Seat Cowl (From a member here, Thanks Sith Lord - looks awesome), new helmet, new taillight, new jacket and gloves.

I am ready to go .... and its flipping snowing again.

Ugh ... Rant over back to your normally scheduled programming.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sick of the weather here in WV, it has been absolute **** for the past 2 years. TONS of snow (hell we had a big storm on tuesday then we got hit with around 4" last night) and if it is not snowing it is raining and if it is not raining it is dark and dreary out. We have had this crap weather pattern for the past 2 years that runs from Spring through Fall where it rains almost every single weekend but it is not bad out during the work week. Then in the winter we get these crazy freak snow storms where we get like 12+ inches overnight.

Are there any places on the east coast that still have some mountains that does not have this **** weather? I am ready to move. :(

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes, winter. I have heard of this. But in sunny SoCal we have our own expenses. I'm on my second set of tires in just a few months, along with numerous other maintenance bills. :spank:

But I'm not complaining! :rockon:

As for east coast…I've heard that Florida is the only state that didn't see snow this winter. :rolleyes:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that Florida is the only state that didn't see snow this winter. :rolleyes:

But the roads are flat, straight, and boring, and congested with snowbirds.....So I'm told by my son who moved there 2 years ago :rolleyes:
The east coast got more snow this year than we did here in Colorado, what's up with that?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ah yes, winter. I have heard of this. But in sunny socal we have our own expenses. I'm on my second set of tires in just a few months, along with numerous other maintenance bills. :spank:

lol............

Actually I purchased a communication device. U-clear. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet since I'm on the non rider list for the month.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But the roads are flat, straight, and boring, and congested with snowbirds.....So I'm told by my son who moved there 2 years ago :rolleyes:

I suppose you can't have everything…on the east coast. Blah

lol............

Actually I purchased a communication device. U-clear. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet since I'm on the non rider list for the month.

Hope your recuperation is going well! I'm gonna go visit your other thread to say more…
/threadjack

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike about a month ago (first in a long time) and have not driven my car since lol I have ridden in snow, sleet, rain, and shine. I figure if the little post office jeeps can do it so can I Blah

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sick of the weather here in WV, it has been absolute **** for the past 2 years. TONS of snow (hell we had a big storm on tuesday then we got hit with around 4" last night) and if it is not snowing it is raining and if it is not raining it is dark and dreary out. We have had this crap weather pattern for the past 2 years that runs from Spring through Fall where it rains almost every single weekend but it is not bad out during the work week. Then in the winter we get these crazy freak snow storms where we get like 12+ inches overnight.

Are there any places on the east coast that still have some mountains that does not have this **** weather? I am ready to move. :(

Central VA is not too far away, and we generally don't get as hammered with snow as you all in WV, probably due to lower elevation. It's only a short ride away from the mountains, too. :thumbup: As for rain....yeah, April is about to happen. :disapprove: Oh well.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just gonna throw this out there and say the only two days this last 2 weeks I haven't rode is because of rain. It's 40ish degrees in the morning which makes for a great cup of cofee! Great. Days ahead my friends.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes, winter. I have heard of this. But in sunny SoCal we have our own expenses. I'm on my second set of tires in just a few months, along with numerous other maintenance bills. :spank:

But I'm not complaining! :rockon:

As for east coast…I've heard that Florida is the only state that didn't see snow this winter. :rolleyes:

Incorrect about Florida!

Snow, ice on Florida Panhandle [PHOTOS] | Florida Winter Weather

florida.jpg

S. California also, way too many people and a cost of living as much as 50% higher than the southeast US.

Personally my favorite state that has a good combination of relatively mild weather and the best mountains on the east coast....Western North Carolina.

Mt%20Mitchel.jpg

mitchell11.jpg

Last edited:

brucey

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If winter doesn't end soon I am gonna go broke.

I just keep buying stuff, Seat Cowl (From a member here, Thanks Sith Lord - looks awesome), new helmet, new taillight, new jacket and gloves.

I am ready to go .... and its flipping snowing again.

Ugh ... Rant over back to your normally scheduled programming.

I feel your pain. I live in Calgary. Well you know... "spring time in Alberta"

I find it helps to enjoy the anticipation, the build up... to the climax of getting my bike out of storage.
When I first see her after the long winter I casually walk up, I run my hand along her soft yet firm seat, maybe give her gas tank a little playfull slap.
I know she likes this because she starts right up. I can imagine the firmness of her clutch pull.

OK, we need the snow to melt before I become a complete pervert.;)