NEP cruise control / throttle lock ?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont see a yamaha in their listing,,,but from the little pictures of the product that they have,it looks like all of them are designed for squeezing the grip by a thumb lever just like the vista cruise that some of us use...FZ6 have a dual cable but i dont know which one fits the FZ

edski

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at fitting an NEP throttle lock. Has anybody fitted one to their FZ6? I'm wondering which of the 3 versions fits our bikes.
NEP CRUISE CONTROL: Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.

Thanks,
Yamagamma

I've been looking at various throttle friction locks, yamagamma, and that NEP you found at CST looks exactly like what I installed on my on my XJ650J Maxim years ago. Looks clean, doesn't use up throttle grip real estate like the Vista Cruise, and you don't have to twist it with your pinky like the Throttlemeister - just a simple flick of the thumb to engage.

I will call CST today to see if they know which of the three variations will fit on my 2008 FZ6.

edski

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at fitting an NEP throttle lock. Has anybody fitted one to their FZ6? I'm wondering which of the 3 versions fits our bikes.
NEP CRUISE CONTROL: Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.

Thanks,
Yamagamma

Yamma,
I just called CST, and they told me that none of the three NEP throttle locks are recommended for my FZ6 (2008) with 7/8" handlebars. The sales person suggested the Vista Cruise for our application.
I'm going to give this much more consideration before I get that one, or spend well over hundred bucks for the Throttlemeister...

Last edited:

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Vista Cruise on my bike and I love it. It is fairly cheap and work very well on flat ground. Of course you will speed up going down hill and slow down going up hill but for 29 bucks you can't beat being able to rest your wrist.

Here is a pic of the Vista Cruise on the FZ6
View attachment 5478

Here is where I bought mine at Ironpony.com or
Get Your Motorcycle GEAR at The Iron Pony: Looking for MOTORCYCLE CLOTHING? We sell MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES, ATV ACESSORIES, MOTORCYCLE STUFF, MOTORCYCLE PARTS CATALOG, MOTOCROSS, MOTORCROSS GEAR

Last edited:

cookie

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at various throttle friction locks, yamagamma, and that NEP you found at CST looks exactly like what I installed on my on my XJ650J Maxim years ago. Looks clean, doesn't use up throttle grip real estate like the Vista Cruise, and you don't have to twist it with your pinky like the Throttlemeister - just a simple flick of the thumb to engage.

I will call CST today to see if they know which of the three variations will fit on my 2008 FZ6.

Hi all,
Which NEP throttle lock version fits FZ6?
Do i have to remove grip and cut it to make room for NEP?
have you like it, can you recomend?
How many miles / years have you make with it?

Last edited: