Need to know bolt size!

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm doing some maintenance on the bike and just noticed the two bolts that hold down the front of my gas tank to the frame are missing! I guess I must have forgotten to tighten them down on my recent 1500 mile ride. I'm certain they were on there when I left. :eek:

Anyway, could someone do me a BIG FAVOR and let me know approximately how long/thick they are? (say from the bottom of the head to the tip of the bolt). I've done a search, checked the parts microfiche at Ron Ayers, and looked in the service manuals, but the size isn't listed. I don't want to pay $$ for them when I can get them from a hardware store. I think these bolts take a 5mm allen wrench and they have fairly large washers under them. They are likely the same on all model years, but I have a 2007 (so 2007-2009 would work for sure).

Thanks!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Hi all,

I'm doing some maintenance on the bike and just noticed the two bolts that hold down the front of my gas tank to the frame are missing! I guess I must have forgotten to tighten them down on my recent 1500 mile ride. I'm certain they were on there when I left. :eek:

They're metric, 6x1. At a guess, 15mm long.

Any hardware store will carry them.

Fred

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
A tiny drop of blue locktite will keep them from vibrating out and you'll still be able to remove them easily.