Need TB synch

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone out in MD/DC/VA area that can synch up throttle bodies? I'll buy you lunch/dinner/pay you or a combination of each. :thumbup: PM if anyone can help before I go out and buy the tool.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone out in MD/DC/VA area that can synch up throttle bodies? I'll buy you lunch/dinner/pay you or a combination of each. :thumbup: PM if anyone can help before I go out and buy the tool.

Damn. I wish I lived closer! It's an easy procedure with the tool.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you do a search and buy the tool, there are a few very good "How-To's" in here that make it seem very simple to do. I am planning on trying it out come springtime.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I've seen the vids and know its simple. I just don't really want to spend money on the tool just yet haha. I just installed the MIVV cat delete pipe and that finally threw them off. BTW I didn't hear much if any difference between having the Two Bros exhaust with the cat vs. without. Only difference now is that it pops and burbles a bit more which sounds sweet lol.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I've seen the vids and know its simple. I just don't really want to spend money on the tool just yet haha. I just installed the MIVV cat delete pipe and that finally threw them off. BTW I didn't hear much if any difference between having the Two Bros exhaust with the cat vs. without. Only difference now is that it pops and burbles a bit more which sounds sweet lol.

Any local buddies have the tool that you can borrow? they are fairly universal and work with carbs and FI bikes from what i understand.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your bike? How many miles? The only reason I ask is that, perhaps, you might try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes and seeing if the ecu re-adjusts when you start it next. Just a thought...

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
its an 08 with almost 4k miles. And yea, I disconnected battery for over 30 minutes and didn't change. Thanks though. Idle is pulsating. Definately out of synch

tum226

Reaction score
www.rollahome.com
its an 08 with almost 4k miles. And yea, I disconnected battery for over 30 minutes and didn't change. Thanks though. Idle is pulsating. Definately out of synch

Not sure if it is the same with bikes but with cars it takes some time of running for the computer to adjust. You might want to consider just riding it around for a bit and see if that helps. And going thru ignition cycles also is key where it gets to full operating temp and closed loop and what not with the O2 sensor.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode for 45 minutes last night through all gears and rev ranges. And stopped along the way. Thanks though.

Pretty positive on the issue. Just trying to get a easy solution other than buying the tool. If noone has one locally I'll get it and do it myself. Just don't want to spend that money just yet.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode for 45 minutes last night through all gears and rev ranges. And stopped along the way. Thanks though.

Pretty positive on the issue. Just trying to get a easy solution other than buying the tool. If noone has one locally I'll get it and do it myself. Just don't want to spend that money just yet.

I wish i wax closer, i would like to learn too, we could split the tool as well and learn to mess up (I mean fix) out bikes together

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site

Did the same thing to me when I installed a cat elim pipe. I know it didn't throw off the sync because I put the cat back on and it runs as good as before.

But perhaps a sync set up specifically for no cat would be beneficial. I would like to know.