Need recommendations on a good mechanic in NJ

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm looking for help with finding a good mechanic in the north (preferably) or central part of New Jersey for my 2005 FZ6. I generally do my own mods or fixes unless its too complicated or the equipment needed is special.

Basically I'd just like someone dependable for tuning up the engine and getting a servicing done every few months. I've heard decent things about Speer Yamaha in Passaic, but I've never used them and my last phone conversation with them was a bit weird. So if anyone has someone they'd like to suggest, I'm all ears!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate that term...'good mechanic'. I find that most of the routine things are pretty easy if you have basic skills and a little experience. In general, it is difficult for a real mechanic to do a good job because he or she is working on getting the next bike in. Every time I work on the bike I am reminded that I can take as much time as I need to do it right.

The Factory service manual helps a lot. If you are interested, PM me and I'll see if I can find you a good source for the manual.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate that term...'good mechanic'. I find that most of the routine things are pretty easy if you have basic skills and a little experience. In general, it is difficult for a real mechanic to do a good job because he or she is working on getting the next bike in. Every time I work on the bike I am reminded that I can take as much time as I need to do it right.

The Factory service manual helps a lot. If you are interested, PM me and I'll see if I can find you a good source for the manual.

I understand what you're saying which is why I added a small caveat that I really needed someone for tuning and servicing every few months. My particular problem is that I live in an apartment complex with a shared parking lot and no closed garage space. As a result, its not very comfortable for me to stay out in this weather for several hours or undertake anything that might require more than one sitting. Basically I'm giving myself the luxury of being lazy this winter and not freezing my fingers off. :D

Last edited: