Need Mounting Hardware For Low Cowling/Fairing -2008

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a used set of lower cowlings for my 2008 FZ6, and the model number of the cowling is 4S8-W0712-45-00. My issue is that they aren't coming with mounting hardware, and the dealer said they can just be bolted directly on. Does anyone have experience with the lower cowlings? Yamaha's website says there is a mounting kit. I tried searching the web for the mounting kit specifically, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone have answers, mounting instructions, or a mounting kit?

Thanks.

szamo6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried yamaha dealer but unfortunetely they can't supply mounting kit only. Not sure if there are any brackets or just bolts washers and nuts.
Any info would be helpfull.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried yamaha dealer but unfortunetely they can't supply mounting kit only. Not sure if there are any brackets or just bolts washers and nuts.
Any info would be helpfull.

I have contacted the Yamaha distributor in Ontario, and she left me a message later in the day asking me to look for the original mounting kit because they don't sale them separately. I don't understand why a company would not sale replacement mounting kits for an accessory that they sale. What happens if a piece of the mounting kit is lost, broken, or misplaced, do you chuck a whole fairing accessory ($1000) in the garbage? Besides it being a lot of money, I am not sure how that is environmentally friendly? Anyway, I have contacted someone else, and they contacted their boss, and they in-turn have contacted their boss, so I'm hoping something will positively transpire.

I also tired a organize in Europe that sales the exact same fairing as the ones in my picture, but it isn't the OEM version. It's an aftermarket version. Anyway, they said that they don't sale the mounting kits, only the unpainted fairings. I don't get why nobody sales mounting kits for fairings that they are selling. It is so strange that these companies are so reluctant to sale the mounting kits. I don't know how their customers would mount them or maybe they are only supposed to be for replacements.

Anyway, if I come up with something I will let you know.

Oh yeah, a person provided the following pictures to get an idea of what the mounting kit consists of.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5110/43487215.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8614/19099742.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/901/64896340.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8128/31707930.jpg

Last edited:

szamo6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided to return my fearings for a refund. On Yamaha Uk website there is special price for diamond black fairings currently are listed for 155£ (bargain) and obviously they come with mounting kit:) Ordered, should be with me this friday.

Last edited:

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
That is great to hear and a good deal too. Would you mind taking pictures of the instructions in high resolution and posting them so that they are readable?

Thanks

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Pm'd u with link:thumbup:

Thank you so much for your information and suggestions because it really makes what I need to do clearer.

Yamaha copyrighting installation instructions, what is up with that?

Taking ownership of everything is getting way out of hand. Recently, I read about a doctor who copyrighted his patient's body, in someway, because it had an unique feature. Anyway, the guy took the doctor to court and tried to get the copyright removed, so he could claim ownership over his own body, but the court ruled against him. So, some doctor owns the knowledge\information within his client's body. Personally, I believe this is ethically wrong on so many fronts, but it really puts codification and subsequently ownership into perspective. It's not too friendly of a world because friendly doesn't make money, which I personally find sad.

szamo6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully it will help you to sort smth out with your fairings. Good luck;)

Anyway, the guy took the doctor to court and tried to get the copyright removed, so he could claim ownership over his own body, but the court ruled against him. So, some doctor owns the knowledge\information within his client's body.
lol :jawdrop: