need help!

bubbadg21

Reaction score
Visit site
i just got an 2004 fzs600s. i bought it used but always wanted one lol. she was dropped once has a few scrapes on the left side. and one very small dent on the tank (left side, looks like a door ding). talked to my local yamaha dealer and near as we can tell its all stock. had it 5 days now and put 600 miles on(yeah budddie!) anyways i want a louder exhaust and if it adds power im fine with that lol. but the trick is i dont want just a slip on i want the whole package. any ideas??????? second the stock chain is a 232 adn those r quite spendy. ive been reccomended to get the kit that drops teath in the front. mor in back and moves the chain to a 230, good idea???????????? power comanders......r they recomended, and r they worth the cash??????? i plan on putting vinyl decals of my own design on it later this summer to match my helmet. she's my baby lol. any suggestions would be very helpful but i have had friends who have had problems with two brothers parts so i would like to stay away from those if possible thx

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously bro, learn some punctuation. All of these topics have been covered at length in other threads. Use the search button.

Additionally, if you want help with something, put that in the thread topic instead of just a "need help!" title, such as "exhaust help" or "chain length help" etc.:rolleyes:

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah bubba, congrats on the bike.

Spend some time with the search function, you'll find all the answers are there already. But, being a tolerant person I'll reveal my thoughts.

Just drill out the baffles on your stock exhaust, ANY NEW after market exhaust is going to cost you $700-$1000 (absolutley insane IMO). And while there is a mild enhancement of HP (2-3) I think theres better ways to use that cash.

The PC is not nessecary IMO, mild tweaks can be made using the stock "PC" in your bike.

Any reduction in weight is well worth it, the chain and sprocket swap is a true gain in perfromance.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know much about pipes or chains, English is my second language so I make lots of mistakes myself.
I only want to say: :needpics:

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
As an English friend said to me once..............."We gave you a perfectly good language and you seem to have stuffed it up" ,lol

Nice!

It's one thing to make common mistakes, utilize short hand/local dialects/etc. It just burns me up to see someone totally disregard every aspect of punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar of their primary language...

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah sorry guys. i was in a hurry. thanks though

No problem, you'll find out that we are a bunch of great people, and we like to have fun, when we can. If you do a search you will find most of the answers that you are looking for. If you can list in the title what you need help with. Have fun and enjoy your ride!

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you new bike! I know how much I love mine!
I have the FS seat, Scorpion exhaust, among many other bolt on upgrades, The seat is a huge upgrade! I could only ride her for 1-2 hours before the seat and now I can ride her 5-6 hours.

The scorpion exhaust allows you to make wonderful melodies as your neighbors look on with amazement.

The throttlemiester is the other clutch upgrade if your logging lots of miles!

Have fun with your new baby!