Need help mounting Two Brothers Exhaust

huckleberry1

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got a great deal on a CF TB exhaust, but in my excitement I didn't realize that it doesn't include the mounting hardware!!!! I contacted two brothers and ordered the rubber clamps that go around the cans but they want $99 just for the metal bracket that the cans attach to (which doubles as the FE).

Anyone have an suggestions for alternatives??? I'd rather not pay $$$ for a little piece of stamped steel. I was thinking about fabricating my own, so any measurements or hi-res pics of the bracket would be awesome.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd go shoot some pics of mine but the GF just left today for a 10 day Florida trip and she took the camera with her. I doubt my crappy cell would take pics that would help, best I can do for ya is this. Gives you the idea anyway.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Looked through my pic files of my bike. These are the only ones I found that might help ya shows how the bottom tabs are bent. No pics of the top.:(

huckleberry1

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah the piece in the lower left hand corner of your pic is what I was trying to buy, but $99 seemed a little steep for me.

Anyone interested in a used FAZR6 FE Kit? I was thinking of selling it to hedge the cost of the TB kit.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
yeah the piece in the lower left hand corner of your pic is what I was trying to buy, but $99 seemed a little steep for me.

Anyone interested in a used FAZR6 FE Kit? I was thinking of selling it to hedge the cost of the TB kit.

I combined my FAZR6 FE with the TB FE kit. Boneman's FZ6 Site - Two Brothers M2 Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Here is the bracket in question:

DSCF3782.JPG

Here it is mounted up & with the FAZR 6 FE kit attached:

DSCF3813.JPG

It's mounted on the bike so I won't be able to get you any measurements.

$99 seems really steep for what is basically a stamped out piece of aluminum, but it is the main mounting bracket for the system so i suggest you get it. Can't really mount them without it.

...guess it wasn't such a 'great deal' afterall....

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem is you're going to have to either fabricate something, not only to fasten the clamps you ordered but also a FE to attach to this fabricated metal bent hanger. If you have access to welding machine, that might be do-able. Have you looked at other exhaust manufacturers, like Akrapovic? They have a relatively ingenious hanger that will work with your stock fender/plate holder and it might be cheaper...

ya_fz6s2-fz6fazers2_so_2004-2009_shem.jpg

huckleberry1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions...the exhaust is supposed to arrive tomorrow and you can bet my day is planned after I pick it up. SBN had a good post on using it without the mount at all, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with that.

I'll probably try fabricating some L-brackets to secure the cans. Boneman, love the way your hybrid FE looks, if all else fails, that will be the solution.