Need an opinion on this headlight!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the bug to go naked. Came across this headlight and I don't know whether I love it or hate it.

BlackFront1-vi.jpg

Blackfronthalo3-vi.jpg

yellowbikeblackheadlight2-vi.jpg

$275 plus shipping. Anyone ever see this one before? Want to make sure it's not junk before I go through with it!

Thanks.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have actually looked at this light a number of times. Personally; I like it: Simple design/shape, good proportions. There are also a number of "lesser" quality versions (without the HID and Halo) out of China for about 20% of that price.

You could always be the Guinea pig :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen that one or an exact replica and worked on it. Today you don't know the quality on something because even if they start out good someone has a better idea to reap profits and Q is out the door.

The upper light is a pretty bright running light. The lower HID is set up as a low beam. No high beam. The directional lights aren't that visible. The HID transformer blew right away and we had to replace it.

I don't know if it comes with mounting hardware for the FZ6 so you'd prolly have to figure that out on your own and maybe fab your own brackets.

Nice looking though! :D

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I have actually looked at this light a number of times. Personally; I like it: Simple design/shape, good proportions. There are also a number of "lesser" quality versions (without the HID and Halo) out of China for about 20% of that price.

You could always be the Guinea pig :)

I saw those cheap copies you're talking about for $50 a pop... but this one just caught my eye. I like how different it is. Reminds me of some kind of cyclops or something. Always weary about quality, that's why I wanted to ask for opinions. I'll bet that it's on par with the VS01/VS02 kits from India though. Thanks!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen that one or an exact replica and worked on it. Today you don't know the quality on something because even if they start out good someone has a better idea to reap profits and Q is out the door.

The upper light is a pretty bright running light. The lower HID is set up as a low beam. No high beam. The directional lights aren't that visible. The HID transformer blew right away and we had to replace it.

I don't know if it comes with mounting hardware for the FZ6 so you'd prolly have to figure that out on your own and maybe fab your own brackets.

Nice looking though! :D

Bummed to hear that the transformer blew so quickly. I wouldn't use those smaller lights as directionals. What do you think about using the HID all the time and setting up the "running light" as a bright? I haven't looked into power requirements yet (although I believe you're an electrical engineer; seem like a wiz with this stuff since I started reading this board).

I was planning on making my own brackets. I use Pro/E a lot and could whip something up once I measured everything out. I think I'm going to go for it and if the light is defective hopefully get a replacement. Thanks a lot!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Welp, I pulled the trigger on the light finally. The stock light assembly is actually made by Honda, which put my mind at ease as far as quality goes. The halo/HID retrofit will be done post-stock by a guy who does it over here for a living. So if anything goes wrong I should be covered.

Also picked up a set of Rhinomoto bar ends and a set of knock off CRG hindsight bar end mirrors. Once I get the light all I have to do is take off the fairing and start measuring for some mounting hardware. I'm siked.

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering about this headlight too. I too couldn't say if I liked it or hated it. I do like the integrated projector though.

Please keep us posted on the result !

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering about this headlight too. I too couldn't say if I liked it or hated it. I do like the integrated projector though.

Please keep us posted on the result !

After staring at it for a couple of months it grew on me A LOT. I looked at so many streetfighter conversions. The other headlights I liked were in the $400 and up range, so I tried to keep it a little economical.

I plan to convert everything at the end of the riding season here when I rent a garage for winter storage.

Also, you'll probably be seeing a bunch of electrical/wiring questions from me once I get started on this. Hahaha.