need a new set of rubber for my 07 fz6

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
When it's time for new rubber on mine, I'm planning on a full set of the Pirelli Angel ST Tires. The Angel ST series has replaced the Diablo Strada line-up. I've got a Pirelli Diablo Strada for my rear tire now, and it has close to 8k on it with very little wear. I've been very happy with it. Pirelli Angel ST Tire Review

Be safe!
~Scott

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well its time to make a choice, ready for ur suggestions!:thumbup: got 6k on bt 20

What kind of riding are you doing? Looking for mileage? Looking for better grip in the turns?

I find the BT-021's(multi-compound) work really great for me.

PB Hand

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Michelin Pilot 2 on the front of my bike and will be purchasing one for the rear this summer. The combination of the softer compound on the sides of the tire, then the harder compound on the 'center strip' of the tire is designed to give you a long wearing tire, while not skimping on the cornering. I have about 7K on the front tire I put on and it looks almost brand new. :D:D

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT. On my second one on the back. The first one got about 13,000 miles out of the rear before I picked up a nail. Decided it was time to retire it even though I think there was another 1,000 miles left in it. The front is down to the wear bars not and has about 15,000 miles. They are a little pricey if you don't find them on sale but worth it if your looking for a tire to get good mileage yet still provide good cornering grip.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
It is amazing to me how much some of you get out of your tires, especially the front. I am at about 4600 miles (factory tires) and my rear is alright for a another 2,000 miles I would say but my front is down to the indicators. I always heard you could go though two rears with one front but for me that is not happening at all? I guress maybe because most of the roads I ride here are not true blacktop but more of a course chip and seal type pavement, like riding on course sandpaper. I also will be buying in the next couple of months, been looking and asking for opinions myself.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I have about 1,200 miles on a set of Bridgestone BT-021's and I absolutely love them! I don't see any appreciable wear and they stick much better than my stock Dunlop Sportmax D-252's that came on the bike.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm almost at 12,000 miles on my stock BT-020s and when I drop the money down on new tires, it will be on BT-016s.

Just spent $600.00 on tires for my truck. Rubber is expensive.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yet another +1 vote for the Bridgestone 021's. I do a lot of slab commuting and they tolerate that well -- they don't square off too quickly. They are predictable and handle well in wet conditions, too.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really diggin' Dunlop Roadsmarts. I have about 1000 miles on mine and they're great so far.

They're in the same class as the BT-021 and Pilot Roads. I went with the Dunlops after recommendations and reviews, basing my choice on high mileage they get and sport handling for the weekend rides. They're living up to the good reviews.

Here's the specs: http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=101

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm almost at 12,000 miles on my stock BT-020s and when I drop the money down on new tires, it will be on BT-016s.

Just spent $600.00 on tires for my truck. Rubber is expensive.
Hah! (irony) Almost my situation exactly. I have BT020's near 16,000 (front & rear) and I'm just about ready to have mounted a new pair of BT016's. Hate to say good bye to my stock tires but center rear is worn down good (way past wear bar).