Nail in my brand new tire - Video and photos

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know....makes me feel a little more comfortable on the plug. I rarely if ever hit triple digits anyway.

On a side note, I rode over the nail Tuesday....and hit a bird today:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSAnVG3wCrw]Fz6 vs Bird - YouTube[/ame]

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Like some others in here I wouldn't recommend plugging...

If the plug blows in a car there are 3 others wheels to save you...
1 good wheel on a bike just isn't enough - doesn't look like your riding with a side car :D

I am currently having a "maybe I got something near invisible stuck somewhere in my rear tire" issue (that's another thread). Quite often during higher speeds and faster turns I think about if it's safe or if I should slow down, tjeck tire pressure etc...
These thoughts takes some of the fun away from riding...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like some others in here I wouldn't recommend plugging...

If the plug blows in a car there are 3 others wheels to save you...
1 good wheel on a bike just isn't enough - doesn't look like your riding with a side car :D

I am currently having a "maybe I got something near invisible stuck somewhere in my rear tire" issue (that's another thread). Quite often during higher speeds and faster turns I think about if it's safe or if I should slow down, tjeck tire pressure etc...
These thoughts takes some of the fun away from riding...

Did you get the wheel/tire checked yet and see what the noise/thing was inside?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get the wheel/tire checked yet and see what the noise/thing was inside?

I'll update via the other thread as soon as I get it properly checked...
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/44573-i-got-something-inside-my-rear-tire.html
It's very very weird. Suddently I can't hear anything inside. Have tried to check rear wheel pressure at the same gas station during the last few days (so it's the same compressor). Maybe I am loosing about 0,1-0,2 bar a day?... I am thinking something went through the tire and left a tiny hole and now after 200km more whatever was rolling around inside has been obliterated to dust.
Have been past 3 motorcycle shops and none of them had a tire I wanted in case there really is something wrong. Have also sprayed the rear wheel in soapy water and can't see any bubbles...

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On

A local bike shop uses this to repair certain punctures and uses it in the place of traditional wheel weights and balancing entirely. Works best in the center of the tread. Shoulders of tires are tricky.

I got a nail this week in the rear of my other bike. It appears to be sealed good and never squirted any goop out the puncture during the process. I'll check the pressure in the morning.

Ideally you'd be running this stuff inside the tire as a preventative measure against flats.