My windscreen "lip" update.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
A few people wanted to updates. This is still a work in progress. It helps A LOT when cold. It was 49 this morn. and 45 yest. and I was warm!! I can lift my head 3/4" to get a full face of air. Wind noise is reduced 80% unless it's a crosswind like today. Nice to be able to hear the engine purr. I think I'll eventually remove the velcro and glue it together. Pics are from 2nd day of the balloon fiesta. Yesterday there were 300 balloons in the air at one time. Windy this morn.

semongtaulie

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad that is working out for you. Is that a stock screen you've got the lip fastened to? I just got a Puig DB for my "new to me" 04 FZ6 but the wind blast is killing me. I'm checking to see if I can buy a MRA Vario screen or just the adjustable lip for my 04.
Maybe you could bolt the lip in place instead of gluing it so you don't end up with a stripe across the windshield.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a lot of side noise with the Cee B. also. But I have cheap helmets. I tried both helmets this weekend with the "Lip" and noticed an 80% reduction in noise. The only problem was it was 20 degrees cooler so I was prob. concentrating more on cold hands, face, etc. But at one point Sunday I realized the the whistling was very reduced. All I need now is an IS-MAX modular helmet and I think I'll be able to ride all winter?