my old bike pics the history of "me"

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was rummaging through my pictures today (im off work sick) so had nothing better to do so thought id post these

this was my first road bike a kawa KR1S 250 ..completley rebuilt by me as a winter project the 2 cyl 2 stroke engine was as riot :D

Picture053.jpg

decided to get me a licence and bought this..the first "new" mechanical thing i ever owned and the wifes favourate, bandit 650

Photo-0025.jpg

then the DRZ SM (excuse the ghetto FMF pipe) great bike but was on all the theives most wanted list..almost getting hijacked on some local country roads was the final straw

DSCF0943.jpg

the day i bought the FZ6 the day after the the attempted hijack (i love it)

30082008149.jpg

and finall bought this pit bike for my boy but its was too big and 125cc deffinatly too powerfull..great for wheelie practice :rockon:

a2f1_1.jpg

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks..the bandit was i great bike,but too small for me, im 6'-7".. the FZ feels a lot more suited to my size

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was tempted by the 1250 ,but id broke the bank on getting my liceince as for size it seemed a little wider and heavier but height difference was negligable..also this was the first bike i ever insured so the cost of this was also a factor..there is a pattern on my previous 3 bikes they all been purchased on 0% finance offers,if i had the disposable income i would probably get a v-strom 1000..for me,getting on one of those is like slipping into your favourate armchair..lol

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was tempted by the 1250 ,but id broke the bank on getting my liceince as for size it seemed a little wider and heavier but height difference was negligable..also this was the first bike i ever insured so the cost of this was also a factor..there is a pattern on my previous 3 bikes they all been purchased on 0% finance offers,if i had the disposable income i would probably get a v-strom 1000..for me,getting on one of those is like slipping into your favourate armchair..lol

Never ridden a Strommy so i cant comment but fair dinkum a 0% loan , WOW wish we could have those out here :thumbup: i'd go and get myself an XJR1300 tomorrow :D

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted a KR1S 250 they were never sold in the U.S., cool bikes!

thats a shame..it was a wiered bike to get used to,obviously a sportbike stance but moto-x engine caracteristics.im sure it redlined at 16 or 17k RPM the powervalves wouldnt open till 12k :eek:

thanks for the comments so far guys..how about posting some of your previous :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The KR1S looks like a really fun bike. I'd love to have something like that for trackdays.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Here's my History:

2004 Honda Rebel. I got more comments on this baby than ANY bike. Everyone loved it! I wish I could have kept it, and maybe if I get any money I'll buy one as a classic around towner :D

attachment.php

2004 Suzuki SV650: Great bike. Loved the torque, but for the freeway, it got old quick. Had a LOUD Borla exhaust can which was "cool" :rockon:. You knew I was around hehe. Sold due to unknown electrical problems to the dealer that couldn't fix it for a reasonable price.

attachment.php

2006 Yamaha FZ6 (brand new): bought in early 2007, this FZ6 has seen many adventures with many many more to come! I joined the forum shortly after getting it so my stories are here...somewhere...ye be warned of my disturbing of the peace...

attachment.php

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your bikes! I don't think you would like the footpeg height of the Bandit 1250, just my two cents.

I will have to find pics of my younger (dumber) days!