my new lid!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally broke down and bought me a nice, perfect fitting helmet. I tried on prob every single helmet from every single manufacture and nothing fit like the Arai profile...really every Arai fit pretty good, didn't really notice too much of a difference between them. Any who, revzilla had the profile in my size in the only graphic I liked on closeout so I jumped on it. The only thing is it didn't come with any paper work,but there was a little vial of silicone lubricant attached to the chin strap. Anyone know what that's for?

The pics don't do it justice, it has an ass load of metalflake in it. I didn't even know it till I took it out of the box. I went for a short ride today and it's perfect. My old scorpion exo400 was putting too much pressure on my forehead and my glasses didn't fit correctly. I don't have that problem anymore now. Amazing what a properly fitting helmet can do for you.

arai001.jpg

arai002.jpg

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your going to love it more as time goes on, I've had mine for three years, and wouldn't part with it!, that silicone is for the seal around the opening(shield), just be careful when doing the shield change!! get it right or it will cost you! Speaking of cost, have priced the replacement shields:eek:

Enjoy!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding to work alot lately, and I either leave when it's dark or I'm getting off when it's dark and I've been bringing 2 sheilds with me. I only have the clear one for the arai. Are they that bad to change? I've seen videos and it doesn't look too bad.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Lid. They sure are comfortable now days. I have the same problem with lenses. I love my blue mirror but it's too dark late at night.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding to work alot lately, and I either leave when it's dark or I'm getting off when it's dark and I've been bringing 2 sheilds with me. I only have the clear one for the arai. Are they that bad to change? I've seen videos and it doesn't look too bad.

They are a PITA the first few times you change them, but once you get the hang of it, they're a breeze. My suggestion is to watch the video (either that came with the helmet or on Arai's site).

Right now I've got a X-11, but an Arai is definitely going to be my next helmet. I've tried them on and the fit (as long as you get the one that fits your head shape) is amazing.

Nice helmet!

Def

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, what cchouskey said. Watch the video a few times and follow along with your own helmet. The Arai is an excellent lid, and a shield change takes about 10 seconds or less. I do it all the time with mine, and done right won't cost you a thing.

Nice looking graphics on your lid...you'll love it!:thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sixsix - I currently have a exo-400 that is in need of an upgrade.. I was planning on just buying another since its served it purpose, but I see you get that same sort of forehead preasure at speeds.. I don't where glasses, excpet for a chopped pair of oakleys, so i dont have to switch sheilds.. is it really that much of a difference on the forehead after a long ride??? looks pretty sweet...

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
How is the Arai for peripheral vision? When I tried one on, I couldn't see well to the side. I just pulled the trigger on a Shoei RF-1000 for $285 shipped. Review to follow.

Joe

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
sixsix - I currently have a exo-400 that is in need of an upgrade.. I was planning on just buying another since its served it purpose, but I see you get that same sort of forehead preasure at speeds.. I don't where glasses, excpet for a chopped pair of oakleys, so i dont have to switch sheilds.. is it really that much of a difference on the forehead after a long ride??? looks pretty sweet...

There are no "hot spots" on my head with this helmet anymore. It prob could be a hair tighter around the cheeks, but I can always get the fatter cheekpads if I want too. The RF-1100 fit too, but the profile felt a little better...I really prob could have went with either one. Oh and the vents actually work on this one, I can feel the breeze on top of my head.

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
don't want to sound like a dick but i have had 2 arai's now. the chaser and condor and both are very noisy and drafty!!! i also have a couple of roof ones too, r020 racer and r010 daytona, these are very comfortable but dont fit as well as the arai's do. now im in a pickle of what to go for with the next lid i get.

suggestions!?!?! :)

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
SilentG - wear ear plugs. no noise from my Chaser with them in or maybe you lid is a size too big? Never could find a Roof lid that fitted, although they look top smart.

Visor change takes 20 seconds if you take your time.

Last edited:

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
youngy, i usually wear my ipod anyway oooooops :) i would rather not have to wear plugs with the lid, i am a size small which is perfect its just there is a huge amount of wind that rushes up the from the chin even with the vents closed. ok, summer won't be a problem but brrrrrrrrrr winter yeeeeouch... frosty face etc hahahahaha

although roof lids are a totally different shape i wore a small in the r020 racer which pretty good but bulky. and as i said before dont fit all round my head, they seem to go on it rather than round it if you know what i mean. so now, im in 2 minds, the rx7 or going for a different brand altogether, maybe a shark. another frenchy :D oh decisions decisions. thanks for your reply buddy

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
youngy, i usually wear my ipod anyway oooooops :) i would rather not have to wear plugs with the lid, i am a size small which is perfect its just there is a huge amount of wind that rushes up the from the chin even with the vents closed. ok, summer won't be a problem but brrrrrrrrrr winter yeeeeouch... frosty face etc hahahahaha

although roof lids are a totally different shape i wore a small in the r020 racer which pretty good but bulky. and as i said before dont fit all round my head, they seem to go on it rather than round it if you know what i mean. so now, im in 2 minds, the rx7 or going for a different brand altogether, maybe a shark. another frenchy :D oh decisions decisions. thanks for your reply buddy
Do what I've just done - bought a Sena SMH10 intercom/blue tooth - plays your music and no "ear" pieces as such :rockon:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site

RX7 is the noisiest of Arai helmets.

I don't get any draught from the chin vent on the Chaser. Are you sure it's not a badly fitting visor? Or draught from the visor demister vent - the one in the top of the chin? You can fit a diffuser in that vent - Arai sell one or you can take one from a Quantum/Astro/Viper. Makes a big difference.

Shark are nice.