My new LED Spotlight :)

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody and FZ6's lovers :)

I know I had posted very few times, but I want to show you guys my new mod. A brand new pair of LED spot lights.

First a brief comment, I bought this lights from a ebay seller, nothing with a "brand name", but after made some investigation thru internet and looking the result of another guys with this same lights, I decided to bought them. And after 8 days and probably 20.000km of shipping, it arrived to my home.

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

These light have with 4 wires, one of them to can use with a dimer, and another one to use as a strobe mode, neither one was important to me, because I wanted this lights only for complement my high beams.

So, here some pics of the process and the most important, how they look and how they illuminate.

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

first try, but not sure of this position... :confused:

DSC_0203.jpg

final position :)

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

here some sequence of LOW beam / HIGH beam / LOW+HIGH+LED
(Note: I take all the photos with my cell phone, so, bad quality and automatic focus and exposure adjustment)

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

Not the best pics but you can see the difference between all the modes in light illumination. The camera cannot show really all the difference because the automatic exposure, but you can imagine the rest. :rockon:

The most impressive is this comparation it's against an Bixenon HID Projectors in my FZ6 , so, nobody can say my bike have no lights :D . And even that, the performance of the LED spotlighs are really, in my point of view, awesome.

Probably the bike itself have not the better look, depending of the "tastes" of each one, but the result in terms of illumination I think worth it.

The only down side of this kind of led lights is they spread light in all directions, so that is the reason because I wired it only to the high beam. But it's a shame they cannot be used with the low beam setting because don't have it the cutoff line :(

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Here more pics in sunlight conditions

low / high / high+LED

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

I'll try to upload some videos later. :thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice!

My only concern is the placement. From the pictures, it looks like there's a possibility of the front fender hitting them if the suspension is compressed enough. Maybe it's just the angle the pictures are taken at?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice!

My only concern is the placement. From the pictures, it looks like there's a possibility of the front fender hitting them if the suspension is compressed enough. Maybe it's just the angle the pictures are taken at?

+1. Exactly what I noticed. While it's highly unlikely that the fork will go through that much travel while the wheel is turned (that'd likely be a crash), it looks like the wheel has to be completely straight to clear the lights as the fork goes through its travel. I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Fantastic light output though! :thumbup:

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice work.:rockon: Great photos.:cheer:
I can see you from Texas.:thumbup:

:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the words guys

The nominal lumens for each lamp is 3500lm, so, with 2 led light it's supposed to generate 7000lm only with the LEDs. And of course plus the couple of HID projector with 35W ballast, I don't know how much lumens produce in total, but it's enough (for now :D ).

About the position, the best position according to my judgement it's right at the side of the main headlights, but I cannot found any place where to attach them :(

So, second best place was under the headlights, and in the picture can look a little snug, but it have just enough room when the suspension is compressed. But anyway, I never do stoppies or things like that :) So the suspension will never be pushed to their limits I guess.

I left you some videos from my cell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=481o8UAPWaY]Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer - HID Bixenon Projector + auxiliary LED lights (v1) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5q7BRX1Y4]Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer - HID Bixenon Projector + auxiliary LED lights (v3) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAKREIdVtnE]Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer - HID Bixenon Projector + auxiliary LED lights (v2) - YouTube[/ame]

Despite the fact they are recorded with a cell phone, I think can be notice the difference between the normal low / high beam, and plus the LEDs. :rockon:

lkea

Reaction score
Visit site
Great job on installing does auxiliary lamps it will surely brighten your way and as I see its even better compared to the headlight it self.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a beautiful bike. I like how the bike has 4 settings: running lights, dusk lights, night lights, and laser triggered fusion.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance you can post a link to the supplier?

Thanks

He bought his from eBay, lots of sellers selling the same lights.

They are all coming out of the same factory in China no matter who the supplier is.

A friend of mine, local to me in Brooklyn did the same. Mention I sent you over and he will probably give you a discount.

Teslaleds.com

Shoot him an email, his name is George.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Rover, how are the lights holding up?
Me and my friend had the same lights. True that they're very bright, but after like 5 or 6 months one of them went dead, and same happened with my friend's light.
I think they're coming form India. We paid 95$ for 2.
I'm starting to avoid buying things from China, India or any other third world country.

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone knows how the fender can hold that much weight of both light bulb? it looks like being mounted to the fender which is hard plastic but still, breakable in some or long time vibration.. I mounted by right on the reflector ..(took off the reflector so you will have a location to mount securely!)