My new FZ6

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Hi everybody. Just wanted you all to know that I finally got my FZ6S2 2007:a home yesterday. It is now parked in the garage until the spring but I will take good care of it. Oil and filter will be change and I will mount xenon lights and led flashers :) I promise to show some pictures as the work will go on.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Hrm, did a few mods today. The first thing was to mount my bi xenon h4 light and a new xenon h7 that I bought.
But I was a bit surprised when I figured out that the H7 light is on and when I switch the headlight on the h4 turns on. Is this really correct?
It does take some time for the bi xenon to light up fully and I thought this should be the normal light. I have been trying to search for my answer here in the forum but I have not find anything that can answer my question.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hrm, did a few mods today. The first thing was to mount my bi xenon h4 light and a new xenon h7 that I bought.
But I was a bit surprised when I figured out that the H7 light is on and when I switch the headlight on the h4 turns on. Is this really correct?
It does take some time for the bi xenon to light up fully and I thought this should be the normal light. I have been trying to search for my answer here in the forum but I have not find anything that can answer my question.

:welcome: cibbe! The best group of people here on the FZ6 forum! :rockon:

The H7 (left side lamp) is a single filament. The right side, H4, is a dual filament lamp. This is assuming your bike is set up the same as US models.

The stock OEM wiring on the bike is set up so that the Low Beam filament on the right side of the bike is not used. It only uses the High beam filament when the high beam is turn on. You can mod the wiring so that the low beam comes on with the other low beam but when the high beam is turned on the low beam must be turned off to prevent both filament burning at the same time. This prevents the lamp from overheating and consequent premature failure.

If you have a link to(data on) the lamps you're using I may be able to help you get the wiring modified so that you have both low beams with proper switching when the high beam is turned on.

D

Dave.TX

Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the family! This is a great site to do research on our bikes. Motogiro knows what he's talking about with the wiring. Sounds like your bike is set up the same way they are here in the U.S. with only one low beam on. With his assistance I was able to get both low beams on.

Texas doesn't quite have the same climate as Sweden, we don't have much of a winter. I just hopped on the bike today to grab some lunch. It's 57*F this afternoon.

BTW, you will get hassled to post pictures. Throw one up soon to appease the natives...

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
:welcome: cibbe! The best group of people here on the FZ6 forum! :rockon:

The H7 (left side lamp) is a single filament. The right side, H4, is a dual filament lamp. This is assuming your bike is set up the same as US models.

The stock OEM wiring on the bike is set up so that the Low Beam filament on the right side of the bike is not used. It only uses the High beam filament when the high beam is turn on. You can mod the wiring so that the low beam comes on with the other low beam but when the high beam is turned on the low beam must be turned off to prevent both filament burning at the same time. This prevents the lamp from overheating and consequent premature failure.

If you have a link to(data on) the lamps you're using I may be able to help you get the wiring modified so that you have both low beams with proper switching when the high beam is turned on.

Thanks for your quick answer. I was just going to bed when I noticed your answer so I just have to answer you right away :)
I would be nice to have both low beams working together. The H4 xenon lamp i capable of both hi and low beam so I think the necessary thing to do is "just" get the H4 to work with it low beam and them when I switch the hi beam on it will work. This H4 I had on another bike that just hade one lamp.
The lamps i use you can find on the links below. The text is in swedish but there are pictures of the lamps and ballast. I hope you can figure something out by this otherwise let me know I will try to get some more info.

Xenon till Motorcykel, Skoter, ATV mm.

H4 Bi-xenon kit för motorcykel och skoter

Many thanks for your time and help with my "problem" :thumbup:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Today I solved it. It was pretty easy when I finally figured it out.
I patched in to the + cabel on the H7 socket and wired it to the H4 socket. The problem was that the socket for the H4 only was built to use high beam (2 cables) and not for low and high beam. I fixed a new socket with all three cables and patched the + wire from the H7 and voila, I now have low beam on borh sides and also high beam on the left side :rockon:

I post some pictures but I dont know how much you really see. I will try to get som better pictures later on.