My FZ6 next to a Smart Car

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I just thought this was funny so I thought I'd share. We have a customer that has a Smart Car. When he dropped it off for an oil change yesterday I tool the opportunity to snap a quick shot with my bike next to it. The wheel base is about 3 inches longer on the Smart Car - pretty close :)

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. My neighbour has one that they use to commute to and from work with. They also own a pickup truck. He says it cost (fuel and maintenance) about $11.00/hr to run the truck, and $4.00 to run the SmartCar.

This is a link to my bike with all my hard Givi bags:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-traveling/13305-show-us-your-fz6-touring-mode-19.html

As it is set up in the picks, I have more than 1/2 of the cargo volume the SmartCar has, and I have WAY more fun riding it!! :D

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As it is set up in the picks, I have more than 1/2 of the cargo volume the SmartCar has, and I have WAY more fun riding it!! :D

...and if you get Maxia e52 topcase, it will probably fit that entire SmartCar (wheels go into the side cases).

Opinions vary of course, but having to wait for 6 years(!) in line to have a right to buy a parking permit for Fairfield train station (to commute to the city, and mind you it's a 1300 car parking lot), and seeing how many Avalanches and F250s are used for a commute with just one driver inside, I am all for Smart cars - you can fit 2-3 of those things on a single spot where one of those trucks can park.

TS

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! That's pretty funny. Question is, which one would be safer in an accident?

SmartCar, of course... it will just bounce off. :BLAA:

It will bounce quite a bit, but it holds up quite well in accidents.

Take a look at hese links:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-s1sIoLhU"]Smart fortwo crash test[/ame]
EuroNCAP safety test Smart fortwo

These are real fun to drive (though I must admit I've ridden the €60.000 Brabus 112 ultimate :rockon: Damn, I hate my job ;)).
But now I'm actually looking forward to my new company car :p (again Brabus :eek: It might even be the Brabus rocket 800, as my boss told :ban:)

Grtz,

Degake

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a pretty cool comparison, i knew they were small but dang. The only smartcar i would drive are the ones called el diablo! Its a smart for 2 with a busa motor or a turbocharged busa motor look it up on youtube its f'n insane!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! That's pretty funny. Question is, which one would be safer in an accident?

By the looks of this , i'll take my chances on a motorbike :D

ford.jpg

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
By the looks of this , i'll take my chances on a motorbike :D

ford.jpg

That even wasn't a Smart :spank:
If you look at the wheels, you'll see 5 wheel nuts, instead of 3 for the Smart.

Heck, if it was a Smart, it would've been save as it would've fitted between the 2 trucks!! :BLAA:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup the Smart car is small, park my FZ6 next to my wife's every night in the garage. Leaves lots of space for the FZ6. Not fast but fun to drive. Drive it like I ride my bike - watch out for everyone else and stay away from trouble spots.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A smart car will bounce..if it hits a brick wall. If it gets in a crash w/ another (obviously larger) vehicle, it will get run over. Especially w/ all the SUV's on the road. lol

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Is there a key in the back that you have to wind up to make those go?

You know it's funny you should ask. There is a VW New Beetle running around here that has a huge wind-up key on the trunk, looks like a big toy car. Wish I had a picture of it to post!

Here's a link. Not the one I saw but some with a similar key...
VW Beetle Wind up Key | ThisNext

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Emasculated men drive smart cars.

Sorry, but it REALLY is true

:D

Oh give me a break. ;0

You know there is a rumoured AMG Smartcar :eek: :spank: :spank:

that would be crazy. I drove an AMG tuned and set up go cart once...and it was fast.

Yup the Smart car is small, park my FZ6 next to my wife's every night in the garage. Leaves lots of space for the FZ6. Not fast but fun to drive. Drive it like I ride my bike - watch out for everyone else and stay away from trouble spots.

Do they corner well? I bet they are fun to whip around in tight spots.

Last edited: