My FZ6 never fails to make me smile

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a beautiful morning here in Northern Virginia. While riding my FZ6 to my office today I had time to reflect on how much I enjoy riding this motorcycle. I bought it last October with 9400 miles on the odometer, and have since added 4200 trouble free miles to that amount. It's the first bike I have owned, and I am confident I couldn't have made a better choice.

I use the '6 to commute to my office when the weather is good, but I mainly ride for the sheer joy of it. I'm a private pilot, but due to the cost and airspace restrictions of the Washington area I have discontinued my aerial adventures for the time being. Riding my FZ6 provides many of the same thrills and satisfactions that my airplane did.

The piedmont area of Virginia and Maryland is laced with twisty, rolling two lane blacktop that lends itself well to motorcycles, and that's where I can be found most Saturdays. The scenery consists of farmland and woodlots, many of which are historic. As a civil war buff, I find that a motorcycle is the perfect means to seek out the minor or obscure battle grounds and historic buildings that are scattered throughout the area.

I guess the point of this post is to express how very fortunate we are to ride this extraordinary motorcycle that handles so many situations so well. I honestly don't think that I'll ever need to "upgrade" my ride. The FZ6 is the perfect bike for me.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Amen brother! Preaching to the choir! I live in La Crosse, Wisconsin. We are right on the Mississippi, Black, and La Crosse Rivers. We have great twisties that follow the rivers and go up and down the bluffs here! You can easily put on 100 miles without getting more than 30 miles from home! My fiance and I's FZ6's are the perfect motorcycle for the terrain that we live in!!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Where in Northern VA do you live? I'm in Culpeper. I can show you all the best Northern Piedmont and eastern side of the Blue Ridge roads! This is my stomping grounds, lived here 17 years.
:thumbup:

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Fairfax Station. I've been through Culpeper several times. I'd be happy to get a guided tour anytime you are able.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel, my wife is from Virginia Beach and we are thinging of relocating there since she wants to be closer to her parents, but if we both can't get jobs there than NoVa is the next location since her brother and some freinds live in those parts. So you might have to share those twisties with me some time.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Fairfax Station. I've been through Culpeper several times. I'd be happy to get a guided tour anytime you are able.

I used to live in fairfax station! Crosspointe to be exact. Thats actually where I grew up. Being all adult now, I live in Alexandria with my wife. We should get together and ride!

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to live in fairfax station! Crosspointe to be exact. Thats actually where I grew up. Being all adult now, I live in Alexandria with my wife. We should get together and ride!
I've lived in Crosspointe since 1988. My wife and I were were among the first to move in.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

If you fellas want to plan a get together I'd be happy to take you through some gorgeous central VA countryside! Also there is an awesome little bbq place at the base of the blue ridge mountains about 1:15hr from DC

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
If you fellas want to plan a get together I'd be happy to take you through some gorgeous central VA countryside! Also there is an awesome little bbq place at the base of the blue ridge mountains about 1:15hr from DC
Absolutely! This Saturday, or next Saturday would work for me.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! This Saturday, or next Saturday would work for me.

This Saturday afternoon should work for me! We should start a thread under the SouthEastern US section to plan this http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-southeast/. I've never met up with any FZ6 owners, I usually do solo rides or get together with my coworkers who ride other bikes.

dysfoundation

Reaction score
Visit site
While driving on courthouse road I saw a silver fz6 without a headlight mod.
Lol if your on here message me sometime I live 3min away from courthouse

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 never fails to make me smile/TOTAL Agreement:

I've owned eight bikes and ridden many times that number.
The FZ6 is, (for me), the most perfect all-'round bike ever manufactured.
If there are so many happy owners out there, (and there obviously are MANY OF US), why don't we all take the time to contact Yamaha and ask them to bring back the best bike ever built?
If they don't, so what? If they do, imagine an "refined & inproved" FZ6!