My Fizzer will soon have a shiny new friend

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. I wish I could get my wife on a sport bike but she rides a Vstar 650. Just not as hot.

You may want to start looking into communication devices as well. We have a crappy hand held radio setup but if she starts riding more this year we will probably start lookign at bluetooth. When we have ridden together my wife loves having the reassurance of being able to communicate.

Thanks! Yeah she wanted nothing to do with cruisers, she loves the sport bike look. The bluetooth device is a great idea too, I hadn't thought about that.

Sorry that I keep throwing stuff up here, but This is stuff I either did or had planned to do to my ninja.

Have you thought about changing the front sprocket from a 14t to a 15t. After you ride it, you will see what I mean. IMO, the bike needs the 15t sprocket to help keep the shifting and rpm's down. Don't get me wrong, the bike loves the higher rpms, but riding around town or commuting, will get old having to shift from 1st to 2nd before you get to 30mph. The sprocket change will drop your rpm's down 500 or so. Also, it will help with the break-in as they say not to go over 4000rpm which is 35 mph in 6th (I think).

I have a DYI on this if you want it.

No problem, This bike is all new to me so I appreciate your insight.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
First bike I started on when it was a ZZR250... I miss topping it out at 177km/h down hill. The new one is amazing. And you are right on the kawisaki not making any money. In fact, I believe they lose a little if they have to discount each bike.

If she plans on keeping it for a while, they make some sweet pipes for the little ninja. Otherwise I wouldn't change to much, they are great as they are.