My Clutch Lever is sticking

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so this morning on my way to work I realized my clutch Lever would stick when I squeezed it all the way open. I had to manually push it back out every time i squeezed it. I'm a work so I don't have anytime right now to tear my bike open. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and knows what it's from or what I need to do?

Thanks!

First off, lube the cable. It sounds like it's really stiff.

Make sure nothing's interfering with the clutch arm at the bottom end of the cable.

Last edited:
First off, lube the cable. It sounds like it's really stiff.

Make sure nothing's interfering with the clutch arm at the bottom end of the cable.

+1...... while you're at it, lubricate all the linkage points in the shifter, and brakes, as well. Warm salty air will play h*ll with these parts.

Awesome, thanks guys
Definitely will be doing that after work.

Any recommendations on what to use to lube the cable?

I agree with al that have posted.

My moms GS500 had this problem and i just took the cable off the handle and lubed it all up real well untill i saw a little lube drip out the other end of the cable and it has worked flawlessly since

take the lever off, clean up any rust in the pivot are and lube it.
It sounds like it's either that or the cable... WD-40 works good to get all the crap out of the cable sheath, but you do need to lube it with cable lube... and get the tool for it too, makes it a nicer job.

Back