mwah ha ha!!!!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Congrats. I almost bought one that appeared a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't the model with adjustable height which is something that I want.

Part of me still wishes that I would have bought it though....

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have preferred that too, but this was a good price. Retail seems to be £440 so I jumped on this one.

I'm hoping it will stop the bike running wide out of corners. We'll see. If it's no improvement it will go back on Ebay. When I've used Ohlins before they've been pretty good.

Last edited:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
The shock arrived today while I was at work..... so as soon as I got in at 8pm I was straight out into the garage. ;) - must buy flowers for Mrs youngy!

Removed the hugger, only breaking the rivet at the front which hopefully is pennies to replace. :rolleyes: and then loosened the top and bottom shock mounts. It would probably have been easier to take the wheel out but hey I got the bottom nut undone eventually!

Managed to jack the bike up with my trolley jack hooked under the exhaust pipe clamp - yeeeehaaaaa!!!! - Then the joy of the bottom sleeve...... PB Blaster soon freed it off and a pair of mole grips had it out. Then waggled the stock shock out.

Only to find that the shorter Ohlins sleeve is missing. Bollocks. So I'll be taking the original sleeve in to work and getting it shortened tomorrow. Just then have to tighten the lower mount and replace the hugger. Job done. Dead easy........ if you have all the bits to start with! :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That aint a bad shock, i used to have that shock on my FZ6, Kazzanow has it on here bike...definitely an improvement over OEM.

:thumbup:

Yep, made a big difference to the ride. Very happy with it :)

I didn't pay that much though :eek:

Yep, we had to machine the sleeve too - not much hassle though for the final result :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, made a big difference to the ride. Very happy with it :)

I didn't pay that much though :eek:

Yep, we had to machine the sleeve too - not much hassle though for the final result :thumbup:

Yep, i got the thing for a bargain price new, sold it to Frank at a great price, and Frank passed it onto you for the same i think....that shock has been well used, and loved...gotta love Ohlins quality.

:thumbup:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Good news............ the seller has the Ohlins spacer and is posting it out to me woo hoo!! :D

Also I have one being produced this morning at work for me to collect tonight, so if the proper one gets lost in the post I'm still covered. :thumbup:

Having got my hopes up on Sunday with an hour long ride in 12 degrees the temp is back down to 3 :eek: so I don't think there's much of a rush on for this! :spank:

Last edited:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my first ride with the Ohlins shock fitted today, covering 80 odd miles.

All I can say is this was money well spent. No more oversquat when opening the throttle out of corners. Holds a much tighter line and feels much firmer without being harsh.

So now I need to look at something for the forks.....