MSR Houston Texas Track Day

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pics from 12-11-10 Track Day I'll have some more later . Hellgate and his Beautiful wife was there,he was riding a R6 . I rode the FZ6 their were 2 other FZ6's . It was a sunny and warm day but very very windy. My next improvement to the FZ6 will be the front forks.....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great photos! it was fun too see you again.

All I know is I'm beat, and I feel like a piece of dried jerkey....

Where did you get the photos?

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Great photos! it was fun too see you again.

All I know is I'm beat, and I feel like a piece of dried jerkey....

Where did you get the photos?

I'm beat too ! I got the photos from some guy I met and he gave me his email and said he would take some photos and send them to me for free....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a great time yesterday at the track in Houston. The weather was great, 76 sunny, but very windy.

This was my first time really riding the R6, ever, learning a new track and GP shifting. And to top it off I hadn't done a track day in about 18 months. I rode intermediate and after a few sessions was feeling pretty good about the bike and track. The R6 flat flies! On the dyno it made about 103 hp, but it only weighs about 340 lbs. The brakes are stunning, the chassis is set up perfect. AF1 Racing made a great map that is perfect. Simply turn the throttle and the bike responds. All I did was set the air in the Q2s and that was it.

The R6 runs like a two stroke, keep it between 9K and 14K and the thing flies! Short shift down to 7500 for a nice controlled pull out of a sweeper. Ducs were no match, and new 600s couldn't pull it.

The quick shift is amazing; keep the throttle pinned and simply touch the shifter and instant shifts; I mean instant. The slipper clutch is amazing too. One corner exit I forgot that it is GP shift and I down shifted at red line instead of upshifting; the needle moved to 15,500 rpm, and the tire didn't chirp at all.

New favorite track tire; Dunlop Q2. Wow. Warm up fast, sticks like glue. I found that 28 psi was pretty good.

My best session was my second to last. I had three laps in which I hung with a group of three instructors. In my last session clouds moved in, track cooled, and the light became very flat.

The photos for the day haven't posted yet, but here's a few that my wife took with the cheap point and shoot camera. Red helmet, black leathers, orange bike.

All-in-all it was a great day and I'm whipped. I feel like a piece of beef jerky; dried out and crispy....

View attachment 32704

View attachment 32705

View attachment 32706

View attachment 32707

View attachment 32708