Motorcycle show 2011 (The arctic version (Picture heavy 56k beware))

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
All right back again with a little surprise for thee...

I went to the annual Finnish Motorcycle convention that is usually held in the beginning of february and much to my surprise I actually remembered to bring my camera with me.

But less talk more pictures...

Due to being FZ6 forum I shall start with everybody's favorite bike...

img0196sp.jpg

A little something for Humpy too...
img0195ct.jpg

Next up some more Yammi offerings...

img0197xs.jpg

img0155rv.jpg

img0154hk.jpg

img0152ml.jpg

img0151dd.jpg

img0150pk.jpg

img0149cq.jpg

To be continued in the next post...

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
A little Euro love...

img0158ab.jpg

img0191lh.jpg

img0188ch.jpg

This bike deserves a thread of it's own...
img0164jh.jpg

img0162jn.jpg

img0165sg.jpg

img0166zb.jpg

img0171l.jpg

img0173hj.jpg

img0187oq.jpg

To be continued...

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Let us continue with a few Europeans and Japs...

img0184hn.jpg

img0176aw.jpg

img0175gq.jpg

img0194th.jpg

img0183wi.jpg

img0181mb.jpg

img0179hi.jpg

img0180ut.jpg

Phew... That just about does it.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the pic, how did you like the show? I posted up a thread asking if anyone here had been to one of these but no one replied. I guess you are the first one on this site to attend one of the international motorcycle shows lol.

I am going the end of this month, was there lots to do?

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the photos, but everyone knows that Finland isn't a real country. Sorry..

I'm headed to the Chicago show next weekend, but I'm not expecting much. I was hoping to see the new BMW's, but they're not attending the show..

And yeah, I'm kidding about Finland.. I work for Metso and we have several Finnish employees here in the states. I blame my FZ6 ownership on one of these folks.. :)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
also, none of those people look like they would tan very well.

Just what I was thinking;)

Thanks for the pictures, always fun to look at the new rides and what we can't get here in the states. However that big euro can on the FJR is just wrong! Sure glad mine has the nice normal chrome cans.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Just what I was thinking;)

Thanks for the pictures, always fun to look at the new rides and what we can't get here in the states. However that big euro can on the FJR is just wrong! Sure glad mine has the nice normal chrome cans.

That actually isn't FJR... It's the FZ1S with optional fairings.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing mate , I spotted the little XJR treat in there as well :thumbup: You know you liked it , go on admit it :D

Love the look of those Trumpy Thruxton's too :drool:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bikes in there. Also, was I the only one who caught the bike marketing tool in there? You know, the one with knee high boots and short shorts? ;)

I wish they would run a show like that a little closer to me, but what can you do?

Thanks for the pics!

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the pic, how did you like the show? I posted up a thread asking if anyone here had been to one of these but no one replied. I guess you are the first one on this site to attend one of the international motorcycle shows lol.

I am going the end of this month, was there lots to do?

Show was great even though we are still having a little withdrawal from the depression. But things are clearing up now. And because I went there on friday night it was like a walk in the park.

And I wouldn't actually call it an international show but at least it's the biggest one that is held in Finland.

where is the FZ6 still available as a new bike??

They are just selling the leftovers with a 2011 warranty.

the ktm rc8 likes nice.
also, none of those people look like they would tan very well.

Yeah... Our scandinavian heritage doesn't like sun... We are like vampires that only come out at night.

Thanks for sharing mate , I spotted the little XJR treat in there as well :thumbup: You know you liked it , go on admit it :D

Love the look of those Trumpy Thruxton's too :drool:

Yeah I sat on it and feels kinda comfy... Might have to consider it when the time comes to make a chance.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah... Our scandinavian heritage doesn't like sun... We are like vampires that only come out at night.

When night is as long as it is in Finnish winters, that's sort of a given..:thumbup:

Here's a photo of one of my co-workers at the Chicago Motorcycle show a couple years ago. He's also the person to blame for my ownership of the FZ6. He forced me to ride his (actually his wifes) 2004 model before I bought my 2007.

When they moved to the US, their #1 goal wasn't where they were going to live, what car they were going to have, but to find motorcycles for both of them. :thumbup: Good folks!!

newbike.jpg

It's because of my dealings with people from Finland on a regular basis, my Finglish has gotten pretty good. ;)

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the show in Minneapolis on Saturday. Big disappointment. No Triumph, KTM, Ural or Hyosung. Nice displays for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda. HD's display was pretty good too. The BMW display was what a dealer had brought, only two Guzzi's and three Aprilia's. The Ducati area had two Diavel's (the most uncomfortable bike I have ever sat on!) one Multistrada and a 1098 you could not sit on.

The vendor areas were pretty small too, not much for sale trinket wise. Most booths were for riding clubs and for insurance. Although the Viking Chapter had some nice old iron on display.

I have gone every year for the past 8 years or so, and this year was the first time I have left feeling like my $15 admission was a rip off. I really hope they turn things around next year, or attendance will really start to drop off.

To the OP: Nice pics, wish we had some of those bikes here in the States!!

Last edited:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's reports like this that are going to keep me from going to the show in Chicago this weekend. I was bummed with the show 2 years ago, and didn't go last year. I heard that last year was worse than the year before.

Now I'm hearing more and more bad reports about the show..

I'd like to look at the Givi stuff, some of the Dual Sport gear suppliers, Motorcycle Consumer News, etc.. But I'm not going to go if the entire show is lacking. I was really hoping to see the regular BMW display, but I've already read that it's not going to be in Chicago.

Maybe I'll just go to a gun show north of me, instead..

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
you get some neat stuff there in Europe...went to the bike
show in Toronto a few weeks ago...totally dominated by
Harley's and lookalikes, patronage were almost entirely
the cruiser dirt bag types....crap show

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's reports like this that are going to keep me from going to the show in Chicago this weekend. I was bummed with the show 2 years ago, and didn't go last year. I heard that last year was worse than the year before.

Now I'm hearing more and more bad reports about the show..

I'd like to look at the Givi stuff, some of the Dual Sport gear suppliers, Motorcycle Consumer News, etc.. But I'm not going to go if the entire show is lacking. I was really hoping to see the regular BMW display, but I've already read that it's not going to be in Chicago.

Maybe I'll just go to a gun show north of me, instead..

I know how you feel. This show used to be great, lots of vendors selling unique stuff, motorcycle manufacturers with full model line to sit on. That and the price of admission keeps on going up! in 2007 it was $12.50 to get in, and it was a kick a$$ show, the crowd was huge and very cool displays of products. This year it was $15 and most of the room was empty. Very small crowd, even compared to last year. I do not mind paying the money, it just feels that you keep getting less and less for your money.

They need to fix this ASAP or no one is going to show up!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks that is great. I sure hate most exhausts now days. *** ugly! Wouldn't it be cool to have your choice on any motorcycle at the show?

Dave66

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures.

Does anyone know what make/model the indicators are in the first FZ6? or are these stock on new bikes. They look really nice and I wouldnt mind a pair.

I think I have expensive taste though so they are bound to cost a fortune :Flash: