Motorcycle Plate Blocking

Has anyone ever tried to block their plates before?

• Yes

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 88.1%

• Total voters

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding next to a random guy on the interstate that was riding a bike with a fender eliminator to where the turn signals were integrated in the brake light. The plate was mounted far up under the bike and could pivot. W/O reaching too hard he was able to pull the plate so it that the front was facing straight down, so there was no way the camera could see it. Seemed to work pretty well... Its not for me, I'll just prefer to pay my toll.

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a stupid law in Texas where you have to have a front license plate, I hate it so much! It ruins the lines of so many cars with that bulky default mount.

That is true, the law in Texas says you must have a front plate but its hardly enforced because most luxury cars still don't come with front plate. IE. my fathers new Lexus, never had a front plate and its been two years since any policed has nailed him for it. Plus, if you take a look around you'll see that pretty much 1 out of every 5 cars don't have a front plate.

I'm getting off subject, this is a bike forum. I apologize.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding next to a random guy on the interstate that was riding a bike with a fender eliminator to where the turn signals were integrated in the brake light. The plate was mounted far up under the bike and could pivot. W/O reaching too hard he was able to pull the plate so it that the front was facing straight down, so there was no way the camera could see it. Seemed to work pretty well... Its not for me, I'll just prefer to pay my toll.

In Florida, the plate MUST be easily visable. Just tucked up under by the rear wheel is a reason to get stopped. Their very strict on tag placement/illumination...

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
That is true, the law in Texas says you must have a front plate but its hardly enforced because most luxury cars still don't come with front plate. IE. my fathers new Lexus, never had a front plate and its been two years since any policed has nailed him for it. Plus, if you take a look around you'll see that pretty much 1 out of every 5 cars don't have a front plate.

I'm getting off subject, this is a bike forum. I apologize.
Yup, that's why I didn't even bother on my new car! :cheer:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran into a guy here who had his plate mounted with those spring loaded drywall anchors and had a choke cable running underneath to the side of his seat. Pretty smart setup and had to be <$5

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is talk that the authorities want front plates on bikes here in Vic, Australia coz they can't get a fix on 65% of the speeding bikes or some such rot
So there is nowhere to put a plate. I will not screw one to my front guard , I will not put some plate above the headlight i ride a naked and it would look like 5h1t
They out lawed kidney cutters years ago in case pedestrians got hit.... So what are they trying now. I have never been done speeding on the bike I have been flashed at red light/ speed cams from the rear- not my fault they ran out of film and doing a qwik accelerate to beat traffic and then cruising at 60 ks is hardly being a dik. Having a front plate would not help the penny pinchers
Damn revenue raisers

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I've been through all options with avoiding cameras. First created a plate flipper, worked through a cable running through a hose to the back, was very neat. :D
Then they changed the law to make plate flippers a criminal offense, so i hastily removed it. :eek:
A while later some plonker drove into me, breaking the plate, which is fibreglass. On doing my due diligence, it appears that there is no penalty specified for a broken plate, since it is not obscured in any way :rolleyes:
I've been through road blocks and ridden around for ages now, only 1 cop noticed, i ignored her and rode away :Flash:
Best i've ever seen was dead simple: piece of cardboard, paperclip and string. When you see the little blue men, you pull the string and cardboard, clip and string become litter, that you've never seen before. ;)
More so for tolls than "speeding fines", but anyone who supports paying the criminal scum :Flip:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the last idea but unfortunatly we have undercover traffic police in cars you WOULD NOT RECOGNIZE as police cars..

I like the flipper idea thou.. To make one, nice, and neat and not noticable for the FZ, that's the ticket (no pun intended)..