MotoGP Rd 1 - GRAND PRIX OF QATAR ... SPOILER ALERT

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
COMMERCIALBANK GRAND PRIX OF QATAR
MotoGP Qualifying Practice

2yuiuqt.jpg

Hector Barbera the highest placed Ducati... Good effort.

I wasn't going to sit up until 4am to watch Qualifying, so I set the PVR and went to sleep. Got up this morning, made my lovely wife a coffee, then got set to watch it.

My lovely wife calls out from the lounge room (I recorded it in the bedroom), I go to see what she wants, and she blurts out... "They just said on the news that Casey got pole position... how come you didn't watch it??"

Argh!!!! Women....lol

Go Stoner :thumbup: :thumbup:

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
COMMERCIALBANK GRAND PRIX OF QATAR
MotoGP Qualifying Practice

2yuiuqt.jpg

Hector Barbera the highest placed Ducati... Good effort.

I wasn't going to sit up until 4am to watch Qualifying, so I set the PVR and went to sleep. Got up this morning, made my lovely wife a coffee, then got set to watch it.

My lovely wife calls out from the lounge room (I recorded it in the bedroom), I go to see what she wants, and she blurts out... "They just said on the news that Casey got pole position... how come you didn't watch it??"

Argh!!!! Women....lol

Go Stoner :thumbup: :thumbup:

:rockon:

Sorry Dave, but I'm not understanding what she did wrong:confused:.

Like there was any other possible outcome:BLAA:

SSSSSTTTTTOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEERRRRRR!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Casey looks like he was doing it easy, every time Dani went a little quicker, Casey put another 2-3 tenths between them on the next lap. Pretty sure at one point he put together 5-6 laps in the mid to low 1'55's on the hard tyre! Way better than most peoples 'flyers' on the soft tyre!

Dani's new name through the year mite become 'The Shadow #2'. A decent enough rider, but needs someone faster than him in the team to drag him to the next level. Remember the mid/late 90's.........

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Casey looks like he was doing it easy, every time Dani went a little quicker, Casey put another 2-3 tenths between them on the next lap. Pretty sure at one point he put together 5-6 laps in the mid to low 1'55's on the hard tyre! Way better than most peoples 'flyers' on the soft tyre!

Dani's new name through the year mite become 'The Shadow #2'. A decent enough rider, but needs someone faster than him in the team to drag him to the next level. Remember the mid/late 90's.........

Actually, Casey didn't change to softs until right before the end. He was getting and maintaining 1:54.8's on the hard tyre....lol. He said as much at the interview afterwards, and said they were expecting a little better out of the softs...lol....Of course he didn't do too many laps on them. I admit, when I saw him changing to softs I thought a 1:53 was in the bag...lol.:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, Casey didn't change to softs until right before the end. He was getting and maintaining 1:54.8's on the hard tyre....lol. He said as much at the interview afterwards, and said they were expecting a little better out of the softs...lol....Of course he didn't do too many laps on them. I admit, when I saw him changing to softs I thought a 1:53 was in the bag...lol.:rockon:

He is savingthe 1:53's for the Race mate! :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He is savingthe 1:53's for the Race mate! :rockon:

LOL....I dunno dude. I reckon he'll go with the harder compound, and just circulate at 1:54.8's. This should get him finished, ahead of everyone else, and allow him to go home to get showered and changed before coming back to the track for the presentation before the Ducati's finish:BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL....I dunno dude. I reckon he'll go with the harder compound, and just circulate at 1:54.8's. This should get him finished, ahead of everyone else, and allow him to go home to get showered and changed before coming back to the track for the presentation before the Ducati's finish:BLAA:

LMFAO! He wants to emulate Sir Mick then.... :rockon:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Dovi must be pretty peeved! More than a second away from Stoner and nearly a second off Pedrosa... Not good when you're that far away from the same machinery.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not one nibble from Karen yet...............we need to try harder boys ;)

Can't be bothered anymore Mick. All you boys Rossi bashing :shakehead: Plus half of you can't come up with original bashing comments any more :eek:

I don't care what anyone says - I am Rossi's No. 1 fan and always will be, whether he wins or loses (I know the latter is more likely this year....)

:)

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the Yamahas are a bit down on top speed, although they seem to be there abouts despite this. They may have the wicks turned down as this is a Casey circuit :)

8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 329.8
26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 326.6
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 326.2
7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 326.1
27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 324.3
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 324.2
24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 324.1
46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 324.1
58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 324.0
69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 323.5
14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 322.8
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 321.9
1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 321.2
5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 320.5
11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 319.1
65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 319.1

Casey had a bigger gap for pole last year, but I think he was just doing enough. Rossi did well, he will just get faster and faster. Cal Critchlow was impressive, nice one.

Lorenzo for a surprise win. :Flip:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And Casey Stoner wins the season opener :cheer: :cheer: :rockon: :rockon: :cheer: :cheer: :rockon: :cheer:

Ominous signs for the rest of the field , he had that thing singing :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the Honda is easier to ride than the Duc... but Lorenzo must have been stoked by the way he acted with second place. Only the first race so we'll know more after a few more races, Georgie boy has his hands full this year.

GP Spies! Did you see Ben's front brake rotor glow as he overcooked the first pass on Rossi? Man I love HD tv.