Mods req'd for bar risers?

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive loosened off the bolt holding teh bars down and raised it slightlybut it seems there simply isnt enough spare flex in the brake hose to fit 25mm risers.

Did anyone else have to fit new brake hoses? or is there a technique to get it to reach?

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah but still doesnt seem to be much of extension left. I could maybe squeeze 10 to 15mm risers on but hardly worth the effort

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd double check for snags or something. My risers are 1up/1back (inches) which is something like 35mm offset on the diagonal. It's a bit tight, but there was definitely enough slack. I've got a 07, did they change the brake setup between those year? I didn't think so.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same as Shaggystyle, and it worked for me without making any changes to the brake hose except for clipping the tie-on and repositioning a new one in a spot that gave more slack.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I originally put 1" risers on without any mod's. The brake line had enough slack in it without any problems. Loosen/remove any tie wraps initially to pevent any binding. It was quite enough so I ended up with 1" up, 1 3/8" back. To fit that, I had to remove the brake line holder (in front of the lower triple clamp). There is a rubber grommit thats glued to the line. I removed this grommit then relocated it allowing some more brake line to come up.. This grommit is clamped in so its not going to hurt anything unsticking the glue and moving it slightly...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I also bent in slightly, the bracket on the left fork tube, which allowed the brake line a little more slick(not touching the fender). You want to also make sure the line is not too tight with the forks fully extended out....