Model Difference

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Does anyone know whats up with the difference in model numbers FZS6W, FZS6WC and mine listed as a FZS6WL?

The manual that came with my FZ6 Copr. 2006, lists different maximum loads for two models listed above but no where in the owners manual do I find FZS6WL.

Confused.

Last edited:

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that too. The diff in max weight was 2 lbs and the letter was a "C" so I am guessing it might indicate a catalytic converter. Strictly speculation though....

S

sportrider

what state is your bike from? mine is a "c" I figured is a California model. gotta love the EPA and CARB.

wangt86

Reaction score
Visit site
Are there any differences between the canadian model and american model? I doubt they can sell a canadian bike in the US if its not approved by DOT and emissions from the EPA

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Are there any differences between the canadian model and american model? I doubt they can sell a canadian bike in the US if its not approved by DOT and emissions from the EPA

- US would have Mph instead of Kph on the speedo
- with 04 and 05 models, US bikes had silver rims, where CAD bikes had Black rims.

Those are all I 'know' of. Emailing Yamaha would be your best bet here.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"C" stands for California model (or 50 state legal version) for US spec bikes. I have no idea what "L" is. Perhaps it has to do with "when" it was build if they changed configurations in mid-model year which they do on occasion.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
- US would have Mph instead of Kph on the speedo
- with 04 and 05 models, US bikes had silver rims, where CAD bikes had Black rims.

Those are all I 'know' of. Emailing Yamaha would be your best bet here.

My speedometer can switch from mph to kph and back with the touch of a button. I assumed that all fz6's were like this. Is that correct?

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The speed-o on my 07 is the same way. Easy to switch between miles and kilometers. I accidently switched it to kilometers after a gas fillup and was shocked how fast I was going thinking it was still miles.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
The speed-o on my 07 is the same way. Easy to switch between miles and kilometers. I accidently switched it to kilometers after a gas fillup and was shocked how fast I was going thinking it was still miles.

Ha ha! "Whoa, I'm doing 150 mph in fourth gear!" :D

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
really??? do we have any pictures of this from our canadian friends??? thanks :)

..are you high or just trying to get your post count up?? :don'tknow:(lol) Hello...check my web site....I'm Canadian.....;)

DSCF4710.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
..are you high or just trying to get your post count up?? :don'tknow:(lol) Hello...check my web site....I'm Canadian.....;)

DSCF4710.jpg

Maybe... ;)

I know your canadian.. but if you havent figured out.. i'm lazy and just like it when others post up pictures.. this way i dont have to search :)