Mod part number help after VS-2 Conversion

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
All - I have an 05 undergoing the naked transformation. Some other things I want to do during the process that I could use help on.

FZ1 bars - was told the 07 would work fine on my 05, rotate a little and everyhting should work, no tank slap.

FZ8 mirrors - what years for these(all the same?, some years better than others? and what else do I need...clutch perch? Also what years? I assume
I can drill and tap the brake side just fine?

I really think the FZ6 needs some height visually with the mirrors...the bar end/low mirrors make the nose look snubby and short with the VS-2 conversion in my mind since the tank has that huge hump. The high mirrors help even it all out. Just my 02.

07 top clamp and bolts - works on 05?

Best place to get all these parts?

Thanks -

newfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought bar end mirrors, haven't installed them yet. But they are not street legal and I am not sure how much they will let you see.

I was thinking on drilling and tapping the brake side for installing standard mirrors. But not sure what size tool I need. I know I read a thread about it before but haven't able to find it. If you find out let me know.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the VS-2 conversion and I am not crazy about the bar mount mirrors that came with the kit. They have the height that you are looking for, and if you are interested I would be happy to sell them to you. I can also get pics tonight after work if you are interested...

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
You can us the fz8 clutch perch but you do have to drill the brake master with a left handed thread. You can us the fz8 mirrors or any aftermarket ones will work. But becarefull with aftermarket they may have limted visibility and shake to much. I used stock fz8 mirrors on mine got them cheap on eBay as a set of takeoffs from a dealer they have great visibility because they are slightly curved

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
You can us the fz8 clutch perch but you do have to drill the brake master with a left handed thread. You can us the fz8 mirrors or any aftermarket ones will work. But becarefull with aftermarket they may have limted visibility and shake to much. I used stock fz8 mirrors on mine got them cheap on eBay as a set of takeoffs from a dealer they have great visibility because they are slightly curved

Is there a brand of the required left handed thread tool? Or what exactly is the tool/tool bit called?

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine from McMasterCarr it is a left handed tap 10mmX1.25

So basically you used a 10mm drill first to drill out a hole (end to end) through the break area. Then used the left handed 10mmx1.25 tap to create the threads.

And the mirrors that came with the vs-2 kit can be fitted to the handlebar no problem?