MIVV Suono Full Carbon

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MIVV-L9.jpg

Anyone put a pair of these on an FZ6?

I'd really like to know what anyone thought of them, in terms of sound and fit etc

I like two brothers but don't want to have to have a FE just to fit them - some of the police in these parts don't take too kindly to them

Thanks in advance :cheer:

Edit: Altho the Mivv Oval carbon Cap mufflers look to be much more affordable... info on either would be awesome.

Last edited:

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought the stainless steel version of the Suono.
I was also interested in the normal ovals, but according to the schematic they are flipped 180, so the tips point outward instead of following the shape of the rear end :eyebrow:

Does this page work?? Made it just for you :D
Also added some text to each picture and the album.
FZ Suono

I got them for my 05, and they were at bit tricky too install.
If you get them, the best advice is too throw the instructions far far away and just follow the schematic.

The worst part about them was, that I had to use a hammer to get the dB killers out.
I ended up having too make a jig, so I could file down their outer diameter for easier removal and mounting.

Sound wise there are three different levels, because the dB killers consist of two pipes.
dB killer: Opening is 22mm, almost same sound level as stock.
dB killer minus inner tube: Opening is 32mm, nice growl from the exhaust it's a nice middle ground. Also my preferred level.
dB killer removed: Opening is 54mm meaning the police can hear you 5km away :D
Unfortunately I don't have a videocamera, so I don't have a recording of the sound levels.

Even though they required a bit of modding they look marvelous, so I'm happy.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that, that's pretty helpful and much appreciated :thumbup: and yes it works great!

Additionally I love the first picture, got a good laugh.

Are you required to install with a tail tidy or can they be mounted with the stock fender?

Thanks again:D

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Always glad too help :thumbup:

I didn't receive any info about using an tail tidy, when I bought the exhaust, so I would say your fine with a stock fender.

Oh, had a look at their site, and there are pics of the 07 with a stock fender.
Mivv.it Suono

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Always glad too help :thumbup:

I didn't receive any info about using an tail tidy, when I bought the exhaust, so I would say your fine with a stock fender.

Oh, had a look at their site, and there are pics of the 07 with a stock fender.
Mivv.it Suono

They've arrived, finally, look fantastic too. :thumbup:

Probably wont have time to install them till this weekend sadly.

Getting the DB killers out looks like an operation in pain... there's snap ring clip inside... not sure if that's what I'm supposed to remove ... :confused: am I going to need a pair of snap ring pliers? Something I don't have of course!

I read something about people drilling off the head of a rivet. Doesn't appear to be a rivet that goes thru the DB killer but I might just be blind :p

20120123_232404.jpg

Excuse the terrible lighting, not much of it in the man cave :(

Anyway might just leave it alone for now... see how it sounds with it all intact.

Last edited:

macabox

Reaction score
Visit site
Please, put a photo when you will put the mivv on your bike, thanks. I love these exhausts... jejejej

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
They've arrived, finally, look fantastic too. :thumbup:

Probably wont have time to install them till this weekend sadly.

Getting the DB killers out looks like an operation in pain... there's snap ring clip inside... not sure if that's what I'm supposed to remove ... :confused: am I going to need a pair of snap ring pliers? Something I don't have of course!

I read something about people drilling off the head of a rivet. Doesn't appear to be a rivet that goes thru the DB killer but I might just be blind :p

Anyway might just leave it alone for now... see how it sounds with it all intact.

Those really look fantastic :thumbup:
I'll be looking forward to seeing them fitted on your bike :)
It's definately another look than the 2Bro's, Leo's etc. (although I like my Leovince's a lot :) (But they will eventually be replaced with some titanium Termignoni (damn, they're soooo expensive.... :()))

The only thing that will be missing on your bike is your modified Ducati 848/1198 headlight with morimoto mini projectors :) Or your N headlight with a morimoto in it ;):D (That reminds me; got to get all my pics together and get some tutorial worked out :))

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be sure to take some better photos of them with a camera that isn't my phone before they're on the bike... and I'll be sure to do so after they are on too. Will also throw up a video or two.

Degake, the 848 light will happen... spoke with the bloke from the ducati forum and have organised the internals for mounting the morimoto mini projectors - hopefully have them in a few weeks. Going to be a bit before I have all the required bits tho, the Mivv's cost a bit @_@

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Degake, the 848 light will happen... spoke with the bloke from the ducati forum and have organised the internals for mounting the morimoto mini projectors - hopefully have them in a few weeks. Going to be a bit before I have all the required bits tho, the Mivv's cost a bit @_@

With those mounting plates, the mounting should be rather easy :thumbup: You're lucky someone has done all the measurements for you :rockon:
You will definately have a unique bike :cheer:
I'm looking forward to seeing it with it's Italian nosejob ;):D

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They were on Ebay from seller: Marizio_06_58.

Listed at 910 euro... Or 1,124 aud
Postage 70 euro... Or 95 aud...

Most Sellers are in the 1200-1300 range shipped... + get stung GST at customs as it is over 1k. Lot of Sellers say 15 postage our something silly to get you to buy... always get a quote first!

Messaged Mauro, asked if he could bill me without Italy VAT. Commented not via Ebay... So I googled his name etc, seemed reputable enough so paid direct via Paypal... 800 euro or about 990 aud, including postage.

Avoid VAT (22.15%) and avoid GST on top of that :)

Would rather buy via Ebay so I have the means to leave feedback... But purchase went well regardless and am very happy.

Just wish the bloke didn't say "thank you for your trust" every email haha the more someone says that the more I don't ;)

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have put the 'zuasts on today.

Removed the Circlet Clips and have been unable to budge the DB limiters... starting to wonder if I'll have to rip them off again and bang them out with a hammer from the other end :confused:

That might be a job for another day... this weekend perhaps.

Will shoot up some decent pics/video once it's all done but here's some pics from my phone camera in the interim:

20120126_125823.jpg

20120126_135627.jpg

20120126_142856.jpg

20120126_143456.jpg

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
in pic #2 is that a collector up stream of the cans? is not there on my US 06 fz6. good idea

Not exactly sure what a collector is? If it's an exhaust split/join, then yes... if it's something else :confused:

I've attached a terrible mobile photo of it below... it's part of part number 20, aka the compensator pipe.

20120127_202825.jpg

and yes, I'm loving the sound of it, even with the DB Killers installed. It's seemingly slightly louder and has a different note to stock and generally just sounds a little... less like a toy. ;) :D

Oh and on my first test ride I got a thumbs up from a random kid

Last edited: