mirror vibration

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
so i was just wondering if anybody has tried anything to reduce the vibration from the engine to the mirrors? i know it not my gear selection because i tried it already at different gears. so is there anything i can put in the mounting like foam or padding of some sort. its not a big issue but would be nice to look back and see better

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
My 08FZ6(4kmiles) does vibrate the mirrors, at speed like 70+*, I see a light motorcycle following me looks like a car(2 lights).

*If i rev the engine( increasing the speed), it doesn't vibrate, but if i sit idle at 4-5k.rpm(speed at 75-80 cruising), it vibrates a lot.

eeyore

Reaction score
Visit site
I think fairing mounted mirrors will always vibrate more than handlebar mounted mirrors give the same type of engine is used. Plastic is just not as rigid as metal.

caelanseth

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike has a fairly pronouned vibration from around 8k to 9.5k then smoothes out. In this range i cannot see anything out of my mirrors. Everywhere wlse in the rpm range is smooth and very little mirror vibration.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I should have elaborated but; mine was the same. Mirrors all blurry. Good chain lube and fixing the spark plug caps fixed it. --> Vibration! A cure for bad vibrations, Spark Plug Caps!!

You can clearly see from idle to 13.5K 0 - XXX mph.... It makes a difference and is completely worth your time to correct!

I'm guessing we have 28+ fixes out of 30 who said they pulled the caps and looked. Check it out!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think fairing mounted mirrors will always vibrate more than handlebar mounted mirrors give the same type of engine is used. Plastic is just not as rigid as metal.

may be i have to live with it, since, I have a camera mount on one side and 12v charger mount on the other side and filled pretty much the whole space/bar OR I need to purchase the clutch and brake levers with mirror holders..!

similar to these.
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=2&ie=UTF-8#q=clutch lever with mirror holder

and i assume, i have to buy new mirrors too, I never saw how the OEM fairing mirrors look.
Access Denied

Last edited: