Mirror Options

dshaw4

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't stand the antler type stalk mirrors on the Fz6. Anyone have any suggestions of what to go with?? I want to keep it sporty looking. Bar end/pig spotters???

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought bar end mirrors from cycle gear, 30.00 and I think they look awesome. I do not like the stock mirrors, just look horrible.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought bar end mirrors from cycle gear, 30.00 and I think they look awesome. I do not like the stock mirrors, just look horrible.

Pics possibly? Just curious to see how these look with upper fairing/ wind jam. How's functionality?

Last edited:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having the most difficult time sharing pictures with my iPad..... Damn. If you send me a text I'll send you pictures or an email.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of knock off Rizoma bar end mirros from RideItMoto.com and I like them a lot. Pretty decent visibility, and really nice look. They are a little tricky to install and require some extra work, but once I got em on I liked em.

blalex624

Reaction score
Visit site
If you just switch the left and right mirrors it will set them outwards a little bit. Because they are angled differenly. Maybe it will make it look less like antlers. And best part, its free and you don't have to wait on a new mirror to get here. :D

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have RhinoMoto bar-ends with the same bar-end mirrors as were posted above.

Works great and the look becomes much more aggressive. I have also chopped my windscreen down to match. The windscreen normally matches the height of the stock mirrors.

barend4.jpg

barend3.jpg

barend2.jpg

As far as functionality, they are fantastic. I like them better than stock. $30, 3inch diameter, no vibration whatsoever (huge benefit for me), and you no longer see shoulders/elbows in the mirrors when adjusted. Also, you can pan the mirrors by moving your handlebars at a stop. You may find that the 3inch diameter gives less viewing space than the stock mirrors, and this is somewhat true. However, I feel like I can see what I need to see and I don't have to move my arms to see properly. You can adjust them to cover more of your blindspot or to see more behind you. They are pretty well curved so you have a good range of vision. Takes some getting used to for sure though.

Last edited:

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
If you just switch the left and right mirrors it will set them outwards a little bit. Because they are angled differenly. Maybe it will make it look less like antlers. And best part, its free and you don't have to wait on a new mirror to get here. :D

Hi,
Could you please elaborate more on this? What exactly did you switch, just the stalk (and not the bracket to which it connects), or more? What year bike did you do this on? I would like mine spread a tad further out to give better behind view.
Thanks,
Tom

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Could you please elaborate more on this? What exactly did you switch, just the stalk (and not the bracket to which it connects), or more? What year bike did you do this on? I would like mine spread a tad further out to give better behind view.
Thanks,
Tom

Here is a link to a thread on Sportbikes.net about this mod (back in the old days).

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks,
Tom

For better rear view, I highly recommend the extenders offered by the forum member jblk9695. I ordered them as soon as I bought the bike.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/38026-mirror-extenders-fs-07-09-a.html

blalex624

Reaction score
Visit site
For mine i changed out the whole mirror assembly. there are two bolts (10mm i believe) that attach it to the frame(and go through the windshield). the left and right are slighly angled different and will make it look slightly lower and also make it so you can see behind you a little bit more so its not all shoulder.

EDIT: mine is a 2005

Last edited: