Military Photos

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's that?

In Iraq we called the locals Haji or Haj, so everything was Haji, this, Haji that; as in: "My freaking Haji Cell Phone crapped out." "Damn Haji internet is down, AGAIN, costs me $75.00 for dial up speed." "The stupid Haji plumbing is back up again." "Man did you see Haj get hit by our rearview mirror, the dude was knocked 10 feet in the air." "Haj ripped me off on this tranformer the thing broke and I can't get my money back." "Hey Sir, I'm going down to Haji-Mart, need anything?"

Are not the Samolis called "Samis"? Hence Sami-Mart.

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
In Iraq we called the locals Haji or Haj, so everything was Haji, this, Haji that; as in: "My freaking Haji Cell Phone crapped out." "Damn Haji internet is down, AGAIN, costs me $75.00 for dial up speed." "The stupid Haji plumbing is back up again." "Man did you see Haj get hit by our rearview mirror, the dude was knocked 10 feet in the air." "Haj ripped me off on this tranformer the thing broke and I can't get my money back." "Hey Sir, I'm going down to Haji-Mart, need anything?"

Are not the Samolis called "Samis"? Hence Sami-Mart.

Gotcha. So yeah, it is. Some of the things I saw amazed me. The little kids would run up and try to grab things from us, but they didn't go for sunglasses or watches, they went for our water bottles because they had no fresh water. It definitely made their lifestyle more clear than that annoying ad for donations on the TV.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics Guys and thanks for your service!:rockon::rockon::thumbup:

hamslice01

Reaction score
Visit site
heres some of me at al faw palace lookin over the lake one at the cross sabres chillin on a break at my aid station and a x ray of one of my people i helped

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
The first one is in a goat market in Qatar 05, the middle two are Iraq 07, and the last is Iraq 05.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Ziggurat at Aqur Quf

For those of you who dont allready know, a Ziggurat is another type of Ancient Pyramid. Just a little older....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One more. M1 Stuck in the mud...

Oops...I think I hated the mud the most of all the PITA things there. Once your boots got muddy, then you walked through gravel and the gravel added a nice layer to the bottom of your boot. Then your boot weighted about 15lbs each. Then you had to try to kick the stuff off against Tee-wall otherwise you kept growing taller with each step. Then the crap tracked into your hooch and the whole place was a mess. Don't miss that at all.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops...I think I hated the mud the most of all the PITA things there. Once your boots got muddy, then you walked through gravel and the gravel added a nice layer to the bottom of your boot. Then your boot weighted about 15lbs each. Then you had to try to kick the stuff off against Tee-wall otherwise you kept growing taller with each step. Then the crap tracked into your hooch and the whole place was a mess. Don't miss that at all.

I agree and the best part is that it started raining this week. Im not looking forward to the next few months of rainy season

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Memories....

Jadon01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate..you deserved the "Middleton". Thanks to all of you guys. I've got a son just went to MEPS,about to go in the Navy...:america:

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have more pics, but being on an Iraqi Base is not pretty! I attached pics of where our LNOs were in Mosul, a picture of my first day on the Iraqi side of Taji (rocket attack), and me after playing soccer with the Iraqi Soldiers.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some very very interesting photo's in this thread guys :D , thankyou and keep them coming :thumbup:...... Stay safe out there people , your doing us proud.....:rockon: