Matris Fork Kit

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!
Saw on someone else's post that they had the Matris spring kit install, so i took a look at there site and noticed that they make a fully adjustable kit for the FZ6 as well :rolleyes:. Preload, compression and rebound are all adjustable with this kit. I was wondering if anyone else had this kit or could offer me some insight into how this would stack up in comparison to putting a set of R6 forks on.

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Hello Everyone!!
Saw on someone else's post that they had the Matris spring kit install, so i took a look at there site and noticed that they make a fully adjustable kit for the FZ6 as well :rolleyes:. Preload, compression and rebound are all adjustable with this kit. I was wondering if anyone else had this kit or could offer me some insight into how this would stack up in comparison to putting a set of R6 forks on.

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

I would have to think that the fully adjustable kit would be quite comparable to the R6 fork swap. Between the FZ and the R6, the leg tube diameters are the same, so the same amount of potential flex is there. Good springs, redone valving and adjustability..... I don't think there is going to be a huge difference.

If the internal valving cannot be accessed from outside the fork, that's the biggest change.

If you have a low mileage FZ, and you are thinking of putting on a R6 fork with no knowledge of it's condition.... I think you'd be better off fixing your FZ fork.

C

CombatPenguin

I have the fully adjustable kit in my forks. It really improved the ride. The big thing is the cost. The kit was over $600.00, you can find the r6 forks for less than that. I did it because I knew where my forks have been and the condition they were in. The cons are if you want to change compression and rebound you need to oopen the forks up and mess with the valve inside.