Matlock Bath Summer Ride Out

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if any of you lot get down to Matlock bath over the summer months. I normally get down there once or twice in the summer and spend a good few hours there before traveling back home.

I would usually travel down on a Sunday morning and park up on the side of the main road in the town centre where there is ample parking. If there was enough interest might be worth a meet later in the year should be a good day out.

cheers Phil. :thumbup:

Matlock Bath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

matlock bath - Google Search

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
spend a good few hours there before traveling back home.

park up on the side of the main road in the town centre where there is ample parking. If there was enough interest might be worth a meet later in the year should be a good day out.

cheers Phil. :thumbup:

Be careful, parking limited to one hour on front and car parks charge bikes. The local council have a team of parking wardens issuing tickets. Seems the new wealth in the area don't like all the dirty bikers turning up and have forced the council to do this.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice idea I was wondering if any of the UK lot hooked up at all.

Me to so thought it would be nice to meet up once in a while.

I'd be up for it, shifts allowing.

Are you offering to organise it then Yammi?

Thought it would be ok for a bit of a get together not much to organise really just choose a date later in the year then take it from there.

Be careful, parking limited to one hour on front and car parks charge bikes. The local council have a team of parking wardens issuing tickets. Seems the new wealth in the area don't like all the dirty bikers turning up and have forced the council to do this.

Did not know anything about the one hour parking charge and I was up there late September and parked up for the afternoon with no probs. So things seems to have changed since then. Not good.:(

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Did not know anything about the one hour parking charge and I was up there late September and parked up for the afternoon with no probs. So things seems to have changed since then. Not good.:(

Its been in force for a year or so, think they tend to target nice weather biker days.

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be there f the date is suitable for me. I'm going to a lot of BSB meets this year so hopefully the meet is on a day when i'm not out to one of them :thumbup:

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up for it if the date is OK. I tend to avoid Matlock because of the Police presence in the area, tends to cramp my style if you know what I mean. I'm sure I could exercise a bit of self control on the way there.
As as aside do any of you on here look at the foc-u.co.uk site, originally for FZS fazers but they grudgingly allow FZedders (just made that up) to take part, although most of them slag off the FZ claiming the FZS is a better bike (rose tinted goggles I think).
I'll post on their site to tell everyone about the FZ site in case they don't know, could raise the level of interest.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Matlock Bath is in Derbyshire isnt it? Used to go there to visit wifeys Auntie a long time ago.

Have a brother in law over that way that I might be able to stop over with otherwise it is a bit far from mid Wales

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Matlock Bath is in Derbyshire isnt it? Used to go there to visit wifeys Auntie a long time ago.

Have a brother in law over that way that I might be able to stop over with otherwise it is a bit far from mid Wales

Which bit, from Newtown only a tad over 100 miles.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Llandrindod Wells about 30 miles south- buts thats a lot less than I thought- thats dooable if I go on to brother in laws

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
it might be nice to see some other fz6'ers, i don't think i've actually seen another fz6 in the UK yet, at least not an FZ6N :D

i might try and pop along, but it depends on the weather and if i'm in the uk then :)

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got one Greg and I passed through Stockport last weekend, mind you I was in the car so you wouldn't have noticed!!!!!!!
You're right, there aren't that many Ns about, bunch of softies in the UK, mind you it could be to do with how many times we get wet.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that because if you buy an unfaired FZ you might as well have brought a Bandit?

I had the FZS6 before and now the FZ6S (confusing isnt it) and this the fairing on this bike is way better and works- it keeps the wind off you and keeps the wind off your hands as well- good aerodynamics- especially now I have a double bubble

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Due to new shift patterns looks very unlikely That I will get down to Matlock bath this year on a Sunday as I will have very few of then off. :( The few Sundays which I have off are for Holidays and the Trentham bike show which is on the 24th of July this year. Sorry about that but feel free to anyone who would still like to go Matlock later this year.

Cheers Phil.

Ps check my post on the Staffordshire bike show on the 24th July. :thumbup: