Marvel Mystery Oil no longer a mystery!

It's $35 for 6 bottles on amazon that's not bad at all. Well worth it for all the issues it's fixed and or helped, I'd gladly pay twice that!

Go smoke another one buddy.. Its gawbage....:smoking:

Baby oil n' lard...Sounds like a party additive...:rockon:

Sensitive are you?...I've got mine on, now you put yours on you mad cause I responded to you? First you come in here asking me if I'm putting oil in my gas then you go off and google what's in it to discredit this thread, "haha look at this nub I'll show him". Come on dude. Really what do you think I'm going to say? I just took the time to write a post about my experience I'm very well going to reply to any posts. No one is mad here and I didn't think anyone was picking on me in the way you bring up my big boy pants.

Goodness, did I touch a nerve?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Go smoke another one buddy.. Its gawbage....:smoking:

Baby oil n' lard...Sounds like a party additive...:rockon:

So I can take baby oil and lard mix it up and get MMO? I will smoke another one when I get home, maby two! Thanks for the constructive feedback!

I'm more interested to see if the problems stay gone without the necessitated use of further MMO.

Please enlighten me as to what else I could have done to improve the 4 things I listed. Again I was not asking anyone to try it I just wanted to post my exp because I couldn't find any other post's about it.

It would also be nice if you guys could provide anything that shows that it's detrimental to your ride.

Yeaaaahhh that would be greeeat....

I'm not sure.

Darn! I'll find out. I could make a fortune selling this stuff!

ibfF9vlODwkJdh.jpg

I did some research on it since this thread.

Some of the ingrediants are indeed cleaners and can free up sludge, varnish, etc.

With that said, I also found that if used too much(in the crankcase), it can remove some of the oil additives that are protecting the engine which is not good.

Pretty much like putting kerosene in the crankcase, running the engine and draining it. Yes, it'll flush out what ever crap is in there BUT at the expense lubrication. I suspect it may loosen up a stuck lifter in an older engine, etc.

There are so many numerous threads/links on it you could spend weeks researching it.

Ok, back to petty bickering, ah, the thread! :BLAA:

Final / Cliff, your take if any?

Some of the ingrediants are indeed cleaners and can free up sludge, varnish, etc.

With that said, I also found that if used too much(in the crankcase), it can remove some of the oil additives that are protecting the engine which is not good.

Pretty much like putting kerosene in the crankcase, running the engine and draining it. Yes, it'll flush out what ever crap is in there BUT at the expense lubrication. I suspect it may loosen up a stuck lifter in an older engine, etc.

There are so many numerous threads/links on it you could spend weeks researching it.

So based off of that would you use it say every 3rd oil change if you were to add it to the crank case just to keep things clean?

So based off of that would you use it say every 3rd oil change if you were to add it to the crank case just to keep things clean?

I talked to a buddy at work about it. He pretty much echoed what Scott said. He said to put some in, ride 20 miles and change the oil and filter.

I can only have an opinion based on what I've seen it seem to work on. When I mentioned the Old Timer at the gas station that used it to free up hydraulic lifters he also stated that it had better hydraulic properties for those lifters when he added it to the oil. Today engines run so much better spec. wise because of emission standards, fuel injection, ECUs and tighter chemical/ molecular properties with lubricants and materials that the same applications on older school engines may not be the answer to today's problems.

I think response here is typical of oil threads and falls right into the same categories as religion and politics lol! Okay maybe not that hot a debate but...? :)

I was buying an expensive aerosol can of chain cleaner and it hit me that a spray utility bottle with some kerosene did just as good a job and a gallon was so much cheaper and would last for 2 years of cleaning!

If it works for you and doesn't hurt anything then do it! :)

IMHO, if you change the oil / filter (I don't skip filters even thou Yamaha says you can) on a regular basis, I really don't think you need it in the oil... I'd be somewhat hesitant loosing ANY % of lubrication to the engine oil personally. Unless your engine is visably gummed up, IMO, I wouldn't put it in the oil.

If it helped in your fuel system, top end, I don't see a problem with it. They say it actually lubricates (which fuel alone doesn't) so it may help loosen up a sticky injector, etc.

I personally would spend the extra # and purchase the product YAMAHA sells specifically for motorcycles/boats, jets ski's, etc to keep the fuel system clean.

I've personally had very good luck with it (Ring Free) in the bike and the boat and their supposed to be (may have already) coming out with a "Ring free" AND STABILZER in one.

For the couple of extra bucks, I'd, (I) put the known "good stuff" (Yamaha) in the bike and be done with it.. No wondering if its going to hurt anything either.

As for the oil, if your really concerned about it, I'd be bumping it up to a higher level of protection as you wallet allows (from dino to semi synthetic or full synthetic).

Last edited:

For once its NOT YOU and ME!!!! :welcome: :BLAA:

HAHAHA! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

= = = = =

I use Techron for Fuel and it works for me. Its added at least 3 times a year the key one being before I park the bike for the winter. Fuel stabil will be in the tank when parked for 3 months.

In the cage I use STP oil treatment. Laugh as you will it proved its worth. We used to build and run sand rails. One summer we lost two engines. One because it ingested sand and one because it broke a valve spring. Both had fresh oil at summers start and both were thrown in the shed within weeks of one another. Mine had STP in the oil and dad's did not. 13 months later I pulled these engines in from the shed and pulled them apart. The one with blue bottle STP treatment in it had oil on the main, rod, cam, pistons rocker arms etc. The other was dry as a bone.

Had these engines been fired up after sitting for 13 months, which one had oil protecting its reciprocating parts??? The one with STP. I've never found it to hurt anything although I've NEVER put it on a wet clutch. A great product for engines that tend to sit for extended periods of time - i.e. seasonal use engines.

I have no comment or need for MMO. Too may contain additives that swell seals. When you quit using them they leak by the bucket.
Hook line and sinker all in one post!

A consideration about all fuel and oil additives - some can damage the precious metals in your catalytic converters and O2 sensors. Excessive use of top end cleaners - i.e. fuel additives are of concern. Read the labels and don't Over Dose by adding Car sized proportions to a 5 gallon fuel tank!

Of course if you have no CAT, adding lube or cleaners to top end (fuel cell) could be harmless unless that O2 sensor is still part of the equation!

Back