making the fz6 sportier

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i was wondering: is it possible to turn the fz6 into more of a sport bike? i don't know too much about all of the mechanics (still learning everyday), but i'd like some input onto whether this would work or not. feel free to add on or change anything.
i was thinking that the bike could be lowered, put more aggressive handlebars on, lower the bars, move the rearsets back.
am i just completely wrong with this? or am i at least thinking in the right direction?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Upgrade suspension, drag bars, better brakes, rearsets, etc, etc, it can all be done....we race FZ6's in Australia.

:thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
It can be done. I've done the R6 suspension/brake swap and set back the rearsets on mine. I had clipons at one point but I didn't like having to raise the forks to mount them and losing my steering lock so I went back to the bar for now. Maybe eventually I'll look in to convertibars like Hellgate had.

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
canadianfz6, i'm not all that interested in getting an r6, although it is a nice bike. i was just more curious than anything to see what could be done to make the bike a little sportier. i love it the way it is :)
racing an fz6 would be cool....it would be nice if we had some interest for that kind of thing in the u.s.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Suspension
Suspension
Suspension

You have plenty of power. The bike's weak point is the suspension. Upgrade that and you'll have a whole new bike.

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
Suspension
Suspension
Suspension

You have plenty of power. The bike's weak point is the suspension. Upgrade that and you'll have a whole new bike.

i agree totally! you can snatch that front tire off the ground all day but she does get squirrely in the curves at times. when i run hard in the curves i take my 97 CBR900RR out. THAT is a nice curve bike lol.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
i agree totally! you can snatch that front tire off the ground all day but she does get squirrely in the curves at times. when i run hard in the curves i take my 97 CBR900RR out. THAT is a nice curve bike lol.

You mean low speed really tight curves? I find them a bit annoying as the front end just doesn't respond how I would want it too. In the slightly larger curves though the bike absolutely screams.
+1 on the comment about suspension