Lost a bolt

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Well, I lost a stinkin' bolt from my FZ6. Nothing especially critical, but I doubt that I'll be able to get a direct replacement.

I have the Yamaha aftermarket luggage rack that bolts onto the rear hold rails. It's been on for over a year now and I really like it. Earlier this year, I mounted a big ole' Givi top case to it, via the Yamaha supplied monolock adapter.

This morning, while I was checking over my bike before riding to work, I saw an empty hole on the luggage rack. Crap. All of the bolts had backed out a little bit and one of them was gone. Of course, it appears to be an all stainless metric bolt with a T-30 torx head. Where the heck am I going to find one of them????

Anyways, I grabbed some tools and tightened the remaining bolts down. Tonight, I'll probably throw some blue loctite on them, but I didn't have time this morning.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
boltdepot.com and mcmastercarr.com carry tons of standard and metric bolts. As long as it's not something off the wall, one or the other should carry replacements, and they're usually pretty inexpensive.

If you don't know how to measure a bolt, McMaster Carr's website will show you where to measure. When you have the bolts out tonight to put loctite on them, just measure one and order a handful from McMaster when you get a chance. They usually have super fast delivery too.