Lorenzo out of Assen

Just watched the video of the crash. He hit the ground hard on probably the fastest stretch of the track. He's heading back to Spain for surgery.

Damn :eek:

03_99lorenzolorenzo2_original.jpg

Typical Dutch weather as well :(

I would definitely need clean underwear. Just goes to show you though that ATGATT works. He walked away from a hard crash at well over 100 mph. Amazing how those guys can get up and walk away from crashes like that.

I was kinda hoping for a wet race to give Rossi a chance, but looking at the latest "rain radar" pictures it should be dry by 15:00 on Saturday for the race :(

Come on Crutchlow ...:cheer:

Um, he's on his way back to Assen - if it's dry and he gets clearance, HE'S GOING TO RACE..... Had surgery last night in Barcelona.

WTF? Is this guy nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Um, he's on his way back to Assen - if it's dry and he gets clearance, HE'S GOING TO RACE..... Had surgery last night in Barcelona.

WTF? Is this guy nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Athletes actually often compete with a freshly repaired broken clavicle. Road cyclists do it all the time.

Not to take any respect away from Jorge!

I doubt he's going to race at all. His arm is in a sling and he's holding it close to his body in the video of his return. No way he can brake hard without pain. too risky.

I doubt he's going to race at all. His arm is in a sling and he's holding it close to his body in the video of his return. No way he can brake hard without pain. too risky.

Cyclists have and continue to do it if the stakes are high....Tyler Hamilton won a stage of the Tour de France and finished the Tour after he broke his collarbone in the first few stages.....modern medicine can mask alot of pain...so can the mind if there are $$$'s involved.

Back