Loose Brake Lever

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
My brake lever has been loose for a while now but lately it has been bugging me more, so I want to fix it. It is not going to fall off or anything dangerous like that, but it vibrates a lot at 7000+, enough to make my taillight flicker from pressing and releasing the little button, though it doesn't actually engage the brakes.

It is loose right at the pivot point up where the big flathead screw is. Hoping it was something simple and maybe the screw had just come loose from the nut in back I checked that, but it is tight. It is almost like a bushing in the pivot is worn or something, but looking at ronayers there is no bushing in there, only the lever held in between the two mounting plates coming off the master cylinder.

I do have new levers on the way (hopefully arriving today), so maybe that will solve the problem. If not does anyone have some ideas about how to fix it? It didn't start happening when I laid the bike down a couple years ago, and that was on the clutch side to boot, so I don't think the bracket/lever itself was damaged, I just can't think why it would be loose like this. I can fix the flickering brake issue it is causing by putting a little tape on the part of the lever that contacts the little button so that even when it vibrates it is still pushing the button, but obviously that is only a temporary fix while I figure out why it vibrates altogether.