Looking for a Back pack

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to commute to college with a backpack before I knew any better. If you crash with a loaded backpack on, it can increase your chances of back/spine injuries. Think of when you would roll down a hill as a kid - now picture that while wearing a backpack, and tumbling at 50mph. If you do go with a backpack, at least bungee it to the rear seat.

You could always just buy this guy's Givi hard bags to haul your stuff in :D
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/47528-givi-hard-bags.html

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to commute to college with a backpack before I knew any better. If you crash with a loaded backpack on, it can increase your chances of back/spine injuries. Think of when you would roll down a hill as a kid - now picture that while wearing a backpack, and tumbling at 50mph. If you do go with a backpack, at least bungee it to the rear seat.

You could always just buy this guy's Givi hard bags to haul your stuff in :D
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/47528-givi-hard-bags.html

i could buy them but thats me selling them haha, i don't like the hard bags like i thought i would i want to down size them, but im looking to get a backpack for a euro trip and for commuting.:rockon:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck I'm using a regular backpack from samsonite... I don't plan on commuting in the rain though. But for me it works great, wide padded straps and the part that goes against your back has an inch of padding too, quite comfortable considering

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Have to plug my new bag, it's been working great. Hazard4 Evac Rocket. It's a sling backpack with a very wide, cushioned, and solid strap. It's also much taller than it is wide so your weight load is spread out more evenly diagonal across your back.

There's a secondary stability strap that connects to the main one to keep it from slipping down and around accidentally. It's very easy and quick to unclip that strap and swing the whole bag around to your front, without taking it off. This allows you to stay seated on your bike and access the whole pack without taking it off, which is great for me.

It's well built with a warranty. Lots of pockets and molle straps for adding extra pouches. Also has a hydration reservoir pouch.
Hazard4 Evac Rocket Sling Pack
policestuff_2251_750017100

I ended up buying this bag! Actually I bought it's narrower brother Hazard4 Evac Plan B Sling Pack NOW AVAILABLE Awesome bag and looks great.

xfer107

Reaction score
Visit site
kriega 25 as my daily rider's backpack. 50miles commute a day between 2 jobs. The only down side is that the chest straps restrict some airflow to the chest but it is not a big deal to me. Took it on a 400 mile trip one time with a bladder pack (3 liters) that give the pack an extra 4lb plus Misc tools that I carried all day without any problems. The Backpack has a reflective panel on the rear for night safety. I tend to store the heavy stuff on the tailbag US-20 Drypack. For the Bladder pack. Save yourself $10 and pickup a Hydrapak instead. Its just a rebranded pack from Hydrapak that you can pickup from their website.

Hydrapak - Hydration Packs and Reservoirs | Store