Look what Mom & Dad just gave us!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Mom called me about an hour ago and said we had to come over right away - said it was a surprise. We only live less than a mile away, so we were there pretty quick.

This is what was sitting in their lawn for us a John Deere M - fully restored. What swell parents! This is just like the tractor I learned to drive on - my brother is getting that M - so Mom and Dad decided to track down another for us.

I have to admit - it bothered me when I got home. Made me realize again how great they are and that there time here will be coming to a close all too soon. :(

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What great parents! Congrats! You are very lucky to live close enough to see them so often. Tell them you love them every day!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is so flippin' cool. I always enjoyed visiting my uncle on the family farm. Driving the tractor was always a big deal to me -- having grown up in frickin' suburbia...

I still laugh in my helmet when I remember someone on the forum compare our beloved bike's transmission to that of a john deere...

You've got some great 'rents.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was so sweet of them. Wonder what that baby'll do in the twisties?!

That thing is cool!

Congratulations!

Cliff

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
SWEET!! Could they adopt me and pick up a nice John Deere A ? Grew up next door in Mn and have many hours driving the A.
Who could forget that wonderful hand clutch :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Love old tractors....awesome gift, great parents.

what are you going to do with it?...display it?, leave it in the shed?, put in the garden as a display?, use it?

:thumbup:

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Brenda,

I also rode on one of those when I was a kid! What a thrill for me, my Grandparents had a 160 acre farm just outside of Montpelier (sp?) VT. I would spend all summer there helping my Grandparents with the farm...it was a blast!

The tractor was my favorite......:rolleyes:of course:D

It is great that you have such a good relationship with your parents.:Flash:

Nice tractor..........I think I feel tractor envy coming on.....:spank:

Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Red Wazp - Oh - I remember those had clutches too! Mom and Dad still have a JD with one - used to bale hay with it all the time. I lucked out and was always the tractor driver. :D

Wolfman - we are hoping to pick up a blade for the front and use it to plow snow. We also have about 15 acres of wooded land that we live on and the M would be great for exploring.

Today's task is rearranging the bike building to make it a tractor/bike building! :Flash: