Look Ma...No Hands!

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm on a highway on-ramp trying to merge onto I-55. There is a construction zone, so the merging lane looks pretty short. There are two lanes to my left and me in the merging lane. I do a head check and there is a car even with me in the next lane, he is followed by a motorcycle. I slow a bit, and they both move over a lane to let me in. I'm going about 60 and they are going about 65 (so they are now passing me).

When the motorcycle passes, I look over, and then do a double take. This guy is on a BMW touring bike riding with no hands, because both hands were on the camera as he was taking a picture of me!

A little later, I passed him on the left this time, and there he was again, just cruzin with both hands on the camera taking pictures of the left side of the highway. I've seen people ride with no hands before, but not in a construction zone with cracks, bumps and strange lane shifts. Either BMW's are very stable of this guy was nuts...or both:jawdrop:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Them BMW guys think of everything... It's OBVIOUS he had it on "Autopilot!" :rof:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
It's no problem with an SLR, where you don`t have to wait until the pic is taken...

2579325400_daf05ab761_o.jpg

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
They were full out squids indeed!

Note: I don`t know these guys... I just ended up behind them and took the pic :)

I never ride in t-shirts... I was in leathers that day.

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
I take a lot of pictures while riding. But I don't use 2 hands for taking pictures. Now and then I have used the throttle lock so I can use two hands to adjust something like my jacket while riding.
IMG_1544.jpg

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to use both hands because I have a 2 foot lense!!

not really but i like the picture idea.. whay not put on a helmet cam and then grab stills off of the video when you get home?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a remote for my camera and can snap pics anytime with it velcro'd to the bar. The problem is getting the camera aimed. And no, strapping THIS to my helmet isn't an option! :D

sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-H9-h7.jpg

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
do you have any pics of that mounted? i know it would be hard to take a picture of that camera with that camera but maybe you have a camera phone so i could see how u did it

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to take pictures all the time while riding, i was thinking of doing it a couple times this past weekend, but i kept forgetting to keep the camera out of the bag and around my neck...