Little something for all the Americans who have been laughing at our UK number plates!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe....the before picture is pathetic....it makes me laugh. What's wrong with your cops down there? the plate is larger than the bike's ass

My plates are illegal too, on the other hand everyone is illegal down here and noone has anything to say about it...ahhh paradise :D I only have plates on the rear fender and they are small as hell. I think 15cm by 4/5 cm

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you not have speed cameras over there in the US ?

Thats the reason the cops are so hot on them complying with regulations, and the regulations insist they are that big.

It's all a money making exercise, I could be really cynical and say it helps pay to keep our boys in Iraq and Afghanistan.

H

HavBlue

Do you not have speed cameras over there in the US ?

Thats the reason the cops are so hot on them complying with regulations, and the regulations insist they are that big.

It's all a money making exercise, I could be really cynical and say it helps pay to keep our boys in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not only do we have cameras mounted in some police cars we have cameras at some intersections, In both cases they have no problem seeing the smaller plate. I will however say you can avoid the ones at some toll plaza locations if you stay on the white line. The cameras field of view is the center of the lane so it doesn't pick up the bike when it passes under the electronic counter which triggers the shutter when a cage passes under the sensor without the signal box.