lite ticking noise?

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i am now getting a light ticking noise when i gas it. dose any one els have this little ticking noise? when i pull in my clucth it stops, only when i twist the throttle. is this normal? it is very lite and fast ticking noise

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i was reading some post and sounds like others are having this sound to, dont know what it is? if it is a buzzing sound then its your wind screen, needs to be tighten. once i tighten mine it stoped be carful the screw will brake their plastic. but this is a ticking noise, i am thinking it is the vavles? if it was the vavles would it stop when i pull in my clucth?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was reading some post and sounds like others are having this sound to, dont know what it is? if it is a buzzing sound then its your wind screen, needs to be tighten. once i tighten mine it stopped be careful the screw will brake their plastic. but this is a ticking noise, i am thinking it is the valves? if it was the valves would it stop when i pull in my clutch?
Hi mate,
there has been a lot of posts on this.
What it comes down to is this.
If the noise stops when you pull the clutch in. Its the clutch basket and is normal.
Some riders have resolved the issue of a taping noise by putting a spacer in the clutch leaver housing. [There have been many reported noises lol]
If the noise is present between 3000rpm right up to 7000rpm (in some cases) whilst on the throttle this is also normal. Not all bikes exhibit the noise either which increases owner anxiety.
There has not been a definitive answer to the noise epicenter.
Some of us have even had cam chain tensioner replaced.
It is likely that the tapping/clicking noise is coming from the injectors.
Hope this helps.
The FZ6 has a noisy engine. It has been described as the Subaru of the biking world and even agricultural.
Nelly

Last edited:

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
One possibility is to be the gear box. Mine is noisy too and when I pull the clutch the ticking is gone. I've only noticed it when idling but it's always there. I've talked to friends and searched through the forum and it seems it's a known Yamaha "feature".

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought our engines were noisy until I heard a Ducati the other day! I was getting on my bike after I had done some shopping. I hear a bike start up behind me and I thought to myself "dude needs to check his $h1t out.... his engine sounds all sorts of ill." I look over my shoulder "Oh... it's a Ducati"

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
all my Yamaha's have had that tick, next time you are at a dealer have them take a listen to be sure, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.