Lets talk NFL !!! **May contain spoilers**

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Weird question, but does anyone know if "legally" Calvin Johnson can call himself megatron? I dont know why but it just popped in my head. Its the only TMed name I could think of aside from John Conner being called "The Terminator", but he gets no press so who cares lol.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I can say 10 & 0, but I'm a Cheesahead born and bred. I am anxiously awaiting the Lions tomorrow. I hope "we" take them to the woodshed and make them cry, but I'm always fearful. You will enjoy this clip on A-Rod: E:60 - Aaron Rodgers - ESPN Video - ESPN. Awesome young man.

The Lions have not been playing well so far this year , not as well as I expected anyway.... We have to get them early , thats the key to winning coz the Lions are notoriously BAD starters but great finishers. If we can dominate the first half & especially the first quarter there is no way they will run us down :thumbup:

Really enjoyed the A-Rod interview :rockon: thanks for sharing coz thats the sort of NFL stuff we dont get to see on Oz :(

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to give Humpy a heat attack boys !!!!!! :eek: but A-Rod as always gets the jobs done :cheer: :cheer: 12-0 baby :rockon:

A nail biter of a game. What was up with the missed 43 yd FG and the dropped passes?

If you have extra cash to burn, the Packers are going to sell shares starting Tuesday morning. $250 per share, no dividends and no value increase. Not exactly a smart "investment" but how often to you get to say you are a shareholder of a NFL team?

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
If you have extra cash to burn, the Packers are going to sell shares starting Tuesday morning. $250 per share, no dividends and no value increase. Not exactly a smart "investment" but how often to you get to say you are a shareholder of a NFL team?[/QUOTE]

Never, unless the only publically owned team in the NFL offers shares to raise funds from fans; one of the things that makes my team so cool. 12 - 0, and the Packers have won 18 straight regular season and post season games. Nice!

Tough league though, with San Fran at 10 - 2, New Orleans, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Houston at 9 - 3. Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, the Jets, Denver, Oakland, Cincinnati, and Tennessee at 7 - 5. Lots of teams in the hunt.

Looks to be a barn burner of a finish to the season. Go Pack!

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you say SHAREHOLDER :rockon: I just became one of the Greenbay PACKERS!! Great to be a life long fan,even better to be a shareholder!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have extra cash to burn, the Packers are going to sell shares starting Tuesday morning. $250 per share, no dividends and no value increase. Not exactly a smart "investment" but how often to you get to say you are a shareholder of a NFL team?

Yeah Lytehouse sent me an email the other day about it :thumbup: If it wasnt so close to Christmas & the shopping wasnt already done I would have loved to buy a share :rockon:

It would be incredicle to say I was a part owner of my Pack :D

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Never, unless the only publically owned team in the NFL offers shares to raise funds from fans; one of the things that makes my team so cool. 12 - 0, and the Packers have won 18 straight regular season and post season games. Nice!

Tough league though, with San Fran at 10 - 2, New Orleans, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Houston at 9 - 3. Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, the Jets, Denver, Oakland, Cincinnati, and Tennessee at 7 - 5. Lots of teams in the hunt.

Looks to be a barn burner of a finish to the season. Go Pack![/QUOTE]

This past summer showed how much we support our sports teams in WI. Brewers set another attendance record and had a 96 win season. Over 3 million people attended Brewer games this past summer. 7th best in the MLB, and amazing for a state with only 5.6 million people.

The Badgers Football is going to the Rose Bowl after an amazing game against Michigan state. And the Packers are looking super bowl bound, again!

If only we could get the Bucks to be a threat in the NBA! Oh well, can't have them all.

2011, what a great year to be a sports fan from Wisconsin!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Giants got robbed this past weekend. Cant even count the number of terrible calls against us that killed our chances of winning. Ballard's TD catch WAS indeed a TD, which later review/pictures clearly showed. The Packers TD catch at the back of the enzone was not legit..the dude did not have control and therefore posession of the ball before dropping it. The illegal touching call againts us was simply a joke, and that set up another Packers TD. That is only a few of the many I can recall.

The Giants have by no means had a great season and we really lost some bonehead games, but they played very well againts Green Bay and we should have come away with a victory. Just another case of the zebras ruining the game. Makes me sick.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a hotly contested game. Every team the Packers face is looking to lay claim to knocking them off. I agree the Packer TD was questionable. I also often complain about the low quality of officiating. It hasn't been good all season. Nonetheless, a W is a W and we've got 12!

Oakland tomorrow. Line is Packers by 11.5 points with the over/under at 51.5. Margin seems high, but it could be even worse if the Packers defense tightens up finally. Scoring average is 34.5 while opponents are barely over 20. Get ready for another brawl.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning (evening in Packerland), Humpy. If you aren't getting the game live, I hope you can see it delayed. Beautiful day in Wisconsin. 45F and sunny. Probably have a blizzard later this week, I suppose, to be consistent with our usual schizophrenic weather patterns.

Sad day on the other hand - took all four bikes to the warehouse for a 5 month nap. Bummer.

Enjoy summer in the southern hemi, guys.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning (evening in Packerland), Humpy. If you aren't getting the game live, I hope you can see it delayed. Beautiful day in Wisconsin. 45F and sunny. Probably have a blizzard later this week, I suppose, to be consistent with our usual schizophrenic weather patterns.

Sad day on the other hand - took all four bikes to the warehouse for a 5 month nap. Bummer.

Enjoy summer in the southern hemi, guys.

I got up early to watch it live till the 3rd quarter but them had to go to work , I have downloaded the game to watch it in full & break it down play by play like I do ;) I know the D played a little better but still wasnt perfect....... A-Rod on the other hand , as always 100% :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So, should we talk about A-Rodge and the Pack ruining da Bears hopes for a playoff?? :D
Packers are goin' all the way for sure... Their offense is just so adaptive to whatever D you throw at them.

images

"Only you can prevent a Bears playoff, A-Rodge!"

:D

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm nervous about the Packers' chances; in spite of being 14 and 1, they have been a sieve defensively. The offense is fine if the line keeps Rodgers from getting killed. Nevertheless, it's an historic season, even for the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL. I'll admit we're spoiled here in Cheese-land. We've had excellent football for a very long time. Let's hope we're buying Super Bowl Champion logo wear with the G on it in February.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm nervous about the Packers' chances; in spite of being 14 and 1, they have been a sieve defensively. The offense is fine if the line keeps Rodgers from getting killed. Nevertheless, it's an historic season, even for the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL. I'll admit we're spoiled here in Cheese-land. We've had excellent football for a very long time. Let's hope we're buying Super Bowl Champion logo wear with the G on it in February.

Im a little concerned aswell , if it wasnt for A-Rod & his offence doing such an amazing job I think we would be stuggling :eek:

I finally got to watch the Christmas game today & the Bears ran rampant through a disgracful Defence :shakehead: & I cant really see what we are lacking when you consider its the same as last year :don'tknow: If they can click into shape we will be unstopable :rockon:

Lets just wait & see how the D goes against the Lions this weekend :thumbup: