LeoVince questions (heat shield and springs)

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased LeoVince EVOII slip-ons, and I am finishing the installation right now. But, I have a couple of embarrassing questions to ask:

1. Where exactly is the best place to put the heat shield? I forgot about it, so I may have to take some parts off again. :(
2. Are the springs supposed to be removed once the installation is complete? It looks like if they stay on, they will melt/burn off.

:confused: :don'tknow:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
1. mine didnt come with a heat sheild so I would say don't worry about it - not needed. I never experience any heat coming up to the seat although I don't ride with a passenger. but seriously I have never felt any part of my seat become hot aside from normal sun exposure.

2. the springs - dude! those springs hold the pipes together. They stay there.

let me know if any other questions. happy to help you. and you have just installed an awesome sounding exhaust. I love mine

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
dude! those springs hold the pipes together. They stay there.

That's why I was embarrassed to ask. LOL. For now I will just leave the shield off. Now I'm going to go for a little ride and test the new sound.

Thank you! :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
anytime... and don't forget to post back your impression of the exhaust note. I will say the LV without DB killers are a little over the top and badass.. I keep my db killers in about 98% of the time

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my ride got cut short to just 30 minutes because of the rain and wind. But I F'N LOVE THE SOUND! LOL. It's exactly what I've been looking for. I wish I could have seen the grin that came across my face when I started it for the first time (it must have been from ear to ear). LOL. I kept the db killers in too because I live in a pretty quiet residential area. Plus, I dont want to have to wear ear-plugs EVERYTIME i go out to ride.

I cant wait to get out again once it drys up. :D:D:D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Those Leovince exhausts rock :rockon:
I run them without the dB-killers, and I wouldn't ride with them in anytime!! (except in Germany, as the cops don't like me running without them :BLAA:)
If you should decide to go without the dB-killers, it would be better to get your throttle bodies synced. Kt will definately make your bike run smoother.

As for the heat shield: Here you can see where to install it.

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the little silencing discs the Leos come with and has no interest in installing them? Looking to quiet the beasts down for my residential neighborhood.

Edit: this is the thing. Not sure if it even fits the 07-09 lv systems. Feel free to correct me.
ujemypy8.jpg

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the little silencing discs the Leos come with and has no interest in installing them? Looking to quiet the beasts down for my residential neighborhood.

Edit: this is the thing. Not sure if it even fits the 07-09 lv systems. Feel free to correct me.
ujemypy8.jpg

My LVs didn't come with those perforated discs :) I guess Leovince knew I wasn't going to use the dB-killers anytime :BLAA:
They aren't showed in the installation manual either, I think.
Maybe you should contact Leovince about this and ask them where you can buy them (or maybe directly from them).
or you could make/machine your own disks, if you really really really want your bike quiet :eek:

Grtz,

Degake

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
My LVs didn't come with those perforated discs :) I guess Leovince knew I wasn't going to use the dB-killers anytime :BLAA:
They aren't showed in the installation manual either, I think.
Maybe you should contact Leovince about this and ask them where you can buy them (or maybe directly from them).
or you could make/machine your own disks, if you really really really want your bike quiet :eek:

Grtz,

Degake

Thanks for the info. The previous owner installed the LVs so I wasn't sure.