left driver peg..

03cobrah

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys i recently just laid down my bike :( been expecting to lay my bike since i'm a fairly new rider..

anyways my left foot peg broke off, i tried to remove the peg and swap it with the passenger one as a temp fix, but the drivers peg the pin won't come out since there's not enough space for me to pull it out all the way...the head of the pin hits the other part of the clutch, so i have to remove other accessories i guess but some screws won't budge with the hex driver i have which is stripping the head of the screw.

it's hard to explain i'll get a picture tomorrow since it's really late and i'm tired.

anyone know what i'm talking about? should i buy aftermarket pegs or stock? ive been looking around and can't find the left driver side peg for some reason

FalloutMan

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a IPB for a 2008 FZ6 with the parts you need. I just guessed on the year, adjust accordingly.
http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/...CK_METALLIC_X)_-_FZS6XB_-_2008/STAND_FOOTREST

You will need part 22, 24, and 25. To get the pin out, I say just dremel that bitch off and call it good. You can take off the bracket that the pegs mount to via the two allen key screws and then pull off that pin.
I laid my bike down about 1 1/2 years ago and sheared off the right foot peg. I had to buy a new bracket as well since on of the tabs that the pin goes through broke off. If thats the case for you as well dont forget to buy the rubber bushings that fit into the bracket or else you will have to reuse the old ones. I didnt have a bushing tool so I just took a socket that fit in the hole and hammered the bushings in. It works really well if you dont care about dinging up a socket.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That recessed bolt is for the shifter.

Yamaha put locktite on that bolt from the factory.

If the head is starting to strip, I would remove the entire peg assembly plate(as stated above rubber mounted).

Put either a heat gun on low or hair dryer to the back of the bolt, that should loosen up the locktite and help make the removal easier..

A hammer/impact tool with the correct head would help too.

Good luck.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Also the front and rear pegs aren't interchangeable. I tried when I laid mine down. They look almost exactly the same, but they are just different enough that they don't work.

Footpegs are cheap though, unless you're buying like Rizoma's or something.

They usually come as sets: http://www.1tail.com/Footrests/Yamaha_FZ6_Foot_Pegs/

Or you could always do a site like bikebandit.com for OEM stuff.