Led flashers

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Hrm, new to my mac and everything that I just writes just disappeared.
Well I just have to write it again.
I want to change my original flashers to LED. I have been looking around on the forum but I am asking my question here.
The Led flashers I have been looking on is the yamaha original LED flashers Yamaha Motor Europe - Genuine Accessories Catalogue - Motorcycles, Scooters, ATV, Marine and Lifestyle
because this seems to be the ones that is the easiest to install. This because the have the "special plates" to fit the original holder if you get what I mean...
I though that almost everybody here have done this mod so I am asking for ideas and if i am right with my thoughts above :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum!

There are so many LED replacements out there. I'm sure that sourcing will be a little different for you in Europe than it will be for us in the US but it's all the same technology so here are a couple of tips.

When you change from incandescent bulbs to LED the load will be different and will change the flash rate or possibly there will be no flash rate at all with the original flasher relay. In many cases load resistors are offered to simulate the load of an incandescent lamp. This sort of defeats the low current advantage of using LEDs as well as adds the burden of figuring out where you want to mount the resistors and keep them physically out of the way because they create heat. The simple and economic solution is replace the OEM flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay that is economic and reliable.
Hope this helps! :D
Additionally: If you get a set of LEDs and the manufacturer provides resistors to put in series with the LEDs then use those resistor! They are different than the load resistors which are added in parallel.

Last edited:

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Hrm, new to my mac and everything that I just writes just disappeared.
Well I just have to write it again.
I want to change my original flashers to LED. I have been looking around on the forum but I am asking my question here.
The Led flashers I have been looking on is the yamaha original LED flashers Yamaha Motor Europe - Genuine Accessories Catalogue - Motorcycles, Scooters, ATV, Marine and Lifestyle
because this seems to be the ones that is the easiest to install. This because the have the "special plates" to fit the original holder if you get what I mean...
I though that almost everybody here have done this mod so I am asking for ideas and if i am right with my thoughts above :D

Rizoma signals are awesome! Highly recommended. :thumbup:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Now I finally installed the new flashers. I did choose the Yamaha original led and the Yamaha dealer told me it was just to install them. Yeah right...
The FZ6 do have another connection to the flashers then other yamaha bikes so I was forced to do some modifications but finally everything was perfect. I also needed to change the relay to one that could handle the led lamps.
You can see the results below. I must say that this mod is one of the best because I think the bike looks so much cooler :BLAA:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
How bright are they compared to the stockers? I need to replace my front LED blinkers, but I want to be as bright as possible. The LEDs were on the bike when I bought it, but I have been thinking about going back to an incandescent bulb for no reason other then visibility.