Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, how about not making a complete stop at a sign or light, too? Or passing on a double yellow? I imagine if one is going to apply the same "logic" then the leader can be made responsible for a list of other violations? Great.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was an article from 2009 -- fast forward 3 years -- what was the outcome?

Oops I must admit I hadn't looked at the date, as I picked it off another recent thread on another forum :spank:

The outcome is in the article "..six points, a £100 fine and £250 court costs" whereas he would normally get a £60 fine and 3 points.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was an article from 2009 -- fast forward 3 years -- what was the outcome?
I believe that as the lead rider was successfully prosecuted the case will be held as a precedent. Not sure if there have been any further prosecutions since.
Nelly

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So when I buzz down the motorway at excess speed "in my CAGE" its Cloggy, who gets the ticket cause we're forum palls tryin to to stick together yes, he's alittle over limit and gets $4X the fine because I say I'm with him (and speeding a little less)!!!!! hahaha :spank: :eek:

What a bunch of CR@P!!!!!! even if it is old news.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is so wrong. What happened to being responsible for your own actions?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault.....

Kill someone - "Not my fault - my mother didn't love me when I was young"

Rob someone - "Not my fault - my mother didn't teach me it was wrong to steal"

Antisocial behaviour - "Not my fault - my family were poor and my mother didn't love me"

Do drugs - "Not my fault - my family were rich and my mother didn't pay me enough attention"

:BLAA:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, the revenue generated by ever more penalties, and higher fines, etc., is always nice for gov't entities. Of course, if one questions it all, one is often blasted by the chump-sucking, sheep following, knee-jerk crowd as "not caring about the children, advocating reckless driving, being for drunk driving, supporting drug usage," etc. Government just keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
From the article:
To read how the prosecuting cop posted pictures on a swingers’ website showing him astride a police bike, get MCN, on sale now.

:cheer: :spank:

Now i agree with the sentiment, the lead rider is responsible for the group. You don't like that, don't ride with a group, or at least all agree that no-one is lead. But a group of riders really should be organised, and "lead" "sweep" etc should be clearly defined.

HOWEVER, this isn't lawful, what they did, i am responsible for my vehicle, i CANNOT ever be accountable for others. What would be a lawful response by the cops would be to use the "racing" pretext, which is actually worse, and easier to justify.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
From the article:

Now i agree with the sentiment, the lead rider is responsible for the group. You don't like that, don't ride with a group, or at least all agree that no-one is lead. But a group of riders really should be organised, and "lead" "sweep" etc should be clearly defined.

HOWEVER, this isn't lawful, what they did, i am responsible for my vehicle, i CANNOT ever be accountable for others. What would be a lawful response by the cops would be to use the "racing" pretext, which is actually worse, and easier to justify.

Lol you are totally contradicting yourself...

So what is it is the lead rider responsible for you or are you responsible for your own actions?

Or should I say if you were following a well respected rider and he took a turn down a road that you know is a dead end to jump off the cliff would you follow?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault.....

Antisocial behaviour - "Not my fault - my family were poor and my mother didn't love me"

Do drugs - "Not my fault - my family were rich and my mother didn't pay me enough attention"

Actually Kaz, what your saying is it is someones fault. The mother:BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol you are totally contradicting yourself...

So what is it is the lead rider responsible for you or are you responsible for your own actions?

Or should I say if you were following a well respected rider and he took a turn down a road that you know is a dead end to jump off the cliff would you follow?
I agree that there are some unwritten responsibilities a lead rider takes on.
1. Setting the pace so that everyone can keep up safely
2. Judging junctions so that his actions won't cause danger to others in the group.
3. Clearly signaling if the group is pulling over and leaving room for everyone to get in.
4. In charge of the kitty so I can get drunk without worrying if its my round.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From the article:

I agree there are some unwritten rules of group leadership.
I don't want to be responsible for someone riding like a twat at the back though.

Nelly

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I ride with a group I try to discuss the terms of the ride before we start, Like do we pass on double yellow, is anyone uncomfortable with that? what kind of pace is every one comfortable with, etc. One of the last rides I went on we didn't discuss this stuff until half way through the ride and once we all agreed on the terms the ride was much more fun.

I rode with a guy on an R1 and I had to flat out tell him that I like fast but I am not comfortable with R1 fast like 150 MPH, which I knew he could do easily but probably not safely. He did a little bit of racing on the ride, smoking a Dodge Viper but I held back and just watched in case I had to clean anything up later. I try to communicate those issues at the start so we can agree to all be at fault if we get pinched for something.

I like riding no matter what the terms but it is better if all the riders are on the same page at the start.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds like you have mummy issues there. ;) :D

I have daddy issues, ie he didn't belt me hard enough as a child :spank: and now I think I can get away with anything... wait, I can!

I just blame that other guy over there. :Flip::ban: :thumbup:

I think a good smack was in order growing up... I could probably have done with a few more tho hahahaha